Helpful
Replies

How to change call manager time manually

Syed
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

Need a quick help on this.

We have a cluster in UK and NTP is configured accordingly.

Time is set to GMT, but in a couple days it is going to change to BST (British Summer Time). Since call manager is in sync with NTP server it should automatically update the time.

What I would need from you is to know how to troubleshoot if it does not update to BST as per the schedule?

How do I manually change time to BST?

Thank you in advance

Regards,

Syed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

From publisher cli, type the command show timezone list. This will list all available timezones and their IDs.

Then enter the command set timezone zone-id to set new time-zone. zone-id will be obtained from the previous command.

For GMT+1 you can use set timezone 329. For london timezone, set timezone 375.

Finally for precautions, restart ntp service on all cluster nodes using the command utilis ntp restart

After that you can check the ntp status using utilis ntp status. The subscribers should have startnum which is one count higher than the publisher.

Please remember to rate useful posts

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

CUCM uses the NTP watchdog in order to keep the time synchronized with the NTP server. In order to T-shoot the if the time does not get updated or there is any NTP issue check below 

-Ensure that CUCM can communicate with the NTP server on Port 123

-Check the output of utils ntp status and the Stratum level should be less than 4 on publisher for optimal performance

-If multiple NTP servers are configured, ensure at least on server is reachable; you should see the (*) symbol against the NTP server used as a reference by CUCM

- Make sure that you have selected correct Date and Time group

Also you can run the below command to set the time on CUCM node

set timezone ABC

Find the below link helpful

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/118744-technote-cucm-00.html

HTH

Regards

Abhay

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Hi Abhay/Rajan/Mohammed,

Thank you for your quick response and help.

I shall follow the above guide lines.

A quick question.

Do I need to restart all the servers if timezone is reset?

Only ntp service as I highlighted. Not required but safety measures

Dear All,

Clock change is going to be on 26th Mar, I shall keep you posted on this..

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Syed,

As a temporary workaround, you could adjust the timezone as per your needs (+/-1) by navigating to system --> date/time group which was applied in the device pools of phones. But remember this will not update the CUCM time in anyway, it is helpful only to play with the time shown on endpoints (phones).

HTH

Rajan

Hi,

From publisher cli, type the command show timezone list. This will list all available timezones and their IDs.

Then enter the command set timezone zone-id to set new time-zone. zone-id will be obtained from the previous command.

For GMT+1 you can use set timezone 329. For london timezone, set timezone 375.

Finally for precautions, restart ntp service on all cluster nodes using the command utilis ntp restart

After that you can check the ntp status using utilis ntp status. The subscribers should have startnum which is one count higher than the publisher.

Hi,

All the servers' timezone got change BST, but one node which is a TFTP server that is showing up in GMT.

Please find attachments and advise on this.

Since, it is a tftp server, do the phones show the time as per TFTP server?

After changing timezone and restarting NTP service will fix this or??

Hi,

You can try to restart the ntp service and check but the best practice is to make all nodes in the cluster syncing with the publisher. Your TFTP is syncing to external ntp server.

For SCCP phones, the date/time is always polled from the registering call manager. The NTP Reference Configuration is ignored. For SIP phones, time is dependent on the NTP Reference Configuration under Date/Time Group which is then assign to the device pool of the phone. If this is pointing to TFTP server, then the phones will poll from TFTP.

Mohammed,

Your TFTP is syncing to external ntp server.

No, it is in sync with PUB (172.21.146.48)

But the best practice is to make all nodes in the cluster syncing with the publisher

Do you mean that I must reboot all the nodes in the cluster as a best practice?

If I restart NTP service on TFTP server, will the phones restart by any chance?

I have 7 nodes in the cluster, among these only one node is showing up GMT+1 which is a TFTP server, may I know what is the best recommended way to overcome this issue?

Hi,

Any suggestions, please?

anybody there?

Hi Mohammed,

I have set the timezone accordingly. It is mandatory to restart that particular node.

Hi Syed,

Just saw your message. Are you good now?

Yes, I am. 

Thank you so much for your support and help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: