Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change Calling Number

henrique.maia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a CUCM 8 and a GW 2811 and I want to know how do I change the calling number.

For example, my trunk number is 31325160 and my directory is 9061 if I call someone in PSTN I want to show the calling number as 31329061 not 31325160.

How can I do that?

Best Regards

4 Replies 4

jleon22
Level 1
Level 1

In CUCM directory number configuration, you should be able to update the "External Phone Number Mask" to something like 3132XXXX.

*Keep in mind that your carrier must be configured to accept your calling number info. They may have set it up to just put the BTN (billing telephone number) on all your calls. Call them to verify.

Hope that helps!

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

If you have multiple phones whose calling number has to be changed when they dial out then you can better change the calling party phone number mask to 3132XXXX on the route pattern which is hit when the call is routed out. This would help you to update this change at just a single place instead of changing it at every DN page. Also as told by jleon22 your telco should accept that as the calling number. try making a test call and check if it succeeds. If not ask your telco to accept these numbers as well.

HTH

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts

That is certainly an option to set it up on the route pattern level. I personally like it to be on the DN level as if in the future you purchase additional DN's for your office that have different prefixes, then you would not be able to re-use the route pattern(s), so that might not be the greatest place to put it. It is certainly a design and implementation consideration.

Ya i totally agree with you.