cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to channelized the E1 for CUCM and assigne each channel for each user.

Gezimvatovci
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to configure the Router as a gateway for CUCM, In to the router i have a E1 module that i need to channelize.

In this case i need to to assign a public number prom PSTN number that comes on port for each user  ( one channel for user  for 30 users ).

Do i need to assign the numbers for user on Router or in Server cucm.  

In attach is the picture of the case .

Thnaks in advance,

GV

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can assign one number (DID) to one user but cant assign one specific channel to specific user. Every call will use next available free channel.

DID can be assigned to user using translation pattern in CUCM (for incoming call) and can mask each user's DN with DID on 'line' page of phone in CUCM (for outgoing call).

Suresh

View solution in original post

Amit Sharawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Here what you need to do:

For eg. you get the DID rage 408-222-2001-30

=> Configure each phone with number range 2001-30 ----> You can configure any other range and translate the rage later on the CUCM. But, for simplicity i am taking this example.

=> Configure the E1 on the gateway ---->

**Now this depends on how you want to use it, you can configure this using MGCP, here is the document you can follow:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/media-gateway-control-protocol-mgcp/23966-mgcp-pri-cm.html

**You can just configure it for the PRI timeslots if you are going to use H.323/SIP with CUCM, here is the document you can follow:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12231781/how-configure-h323-pri-and-gateway-cucm-10x

=> After the PRI is configured, you can go the the Gateway> Inbound call setting and use "Significant Digits" as only 4, so that the calls are routed directly to the phone. Now, this setting depends on your internal DN assigned to the phones. You can use the significant digit based on this.

You need to assign the DID to each channel and this not even possible with PRI circuits, it can only be possible with FXO circuits.

~Amit

Please rate if helpful

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you go with MGCP, all necessary configuration will be done in call manager only.

In case of SIP trunk, you may distribute it between call manager and gateway as the case may be.

Which protocol you are going to use here?

- Vivek

MGCP not SIP Trunk,  direct link from PSTN.
on attach is the pic. of the simulation case for E1 connection on Cisco Router as a Gateway.

Do i need just to enable E1 module on Router, than to assign the user translation pattern on cucm for incoming and outgoing calls for user.

Thnaks,

GV

My friends here already given excellent information...

1. For outbound calls

There are lot of choices in CUCM where we can apply translations for ANI (DDI). For instance, you can configure route group (per route list) and apply the desired translations to ANI as per your requirement.

2. For inbound calls

If last digits of DDI number matches straight away with DN, you can simply configure 'Significant Digits' on gateway page in CUCM and let inbound CSS sees the respective DNs partition. Else, you may use translation patters and apply translations to modify the DNIS to correct DN.

- Vivek

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can assign one number (DID) to one user but cant assign one specific channel to specific user. Every call will use next available free channel.

DID can be assigned to user using translation pattern in CUCM (for incoming call) and can mask each user's DN with DID on 'line' page of phone in CUCM (for outgoing call).

Suresh

Amit Sharawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Here what you need to do:

For eg. you get the DID rage 408-222-2001-30

=> Configure each phone with number range 2001-30 ----> You can configure any other range and translate the rage later on the CUCM. But, for simplicity i am taking this example.

=> Configure the E1 on the gateway ---->

**Now this depends on how you want to use it, you can configure this using MGCP, here is the document you can follow:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/media-gateway-control-protocol-mgcp/23966-mgcp-pri-cm.html

**You can just configure it for the PRI timeslots if you are going to use H.323/SIP with CUCM, here is the document you can follow:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12231781/how-configure-h323-pri-and-gateway-cucm-10x

=> After the PRI is configured, you can go the the Gateway> Inbound call setting and use "Significant Digits" as only 4, so that the calls are routed directly to the phone. Now, this setting depends on your internal DN assigned to the phones. You can use the significant digit based on this.

You need to assign the DID to each channel and this not even possible with PRI circuits, it can only be possible with FXO circuits.

~Amit

Please rate if helpful

mudassir.zaheer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, can you share your router configuration file, need as a reference for my deployment. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: