Views
Helpful
Replies

How to check what devices are assigned to a owner user id

rramlal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I am having an issue where enhanced plus licenses were utilised for persons with a particular user id. However when I checked under user management, i am only seeing one device. I believe this is not the right place to check for this information. 

How can I see what devices are assigned to the owner user-id which is set under devices?

9 Replies 9

seanvaid
Level 3
Level 3

If you have their directory number, it'd be pretty easy to find under device>phones.

Otherwise I image it wouldn't be too difficult to do a bulk export and search from there. 

You can verify this information under the menu System > Licensing > License Usage Report.

Click the "Users" link next to the row "Enhanced Plus", then click on the link of the user in question and you will see devices which have the Owner User Id associated to that user.

Please note that licensing is NOT counted based on the devices associated under the User Management > End Users. Licenses has nothing to do with the devices associated there.

Great answer mohammed (+5). The license usage report will show which user is consuming what type of license and yes only the owner userid is used for licenses not user device association

Regards

Please rate all useful posts

Hi @Ayodeji Okanlawon,

With so much respect, I have so much regards to you, however, I would strongly recommend you to remove the William Barclay comment which you put on almost all the posts. You are a great expert and it doesn't suit a professional like you to indulge any religion on public forums like Cisco. 

Thanks,

Muk

Hi @voipeee

Thank you for your comments, however my beliefs are personal and I have the rights to express them using any platform that grants me such privileges. This is a free world isn't it?

Please rate all useful posts

Hi @Ayodeji Okanlawon

Yes, it is a free world and I respect your beliefs, however, I think we should keep our beliefs private. I may differ from you and this is what makes us individuals. Anyways you are doing a wonderful job(sharing professional knowledge with others, I don't mean religious beliefs) and keep this up!

Thanks,

Muk

You can run below SQL query to find the list of users associated with Line and Device Level

++ Phones that Have a Line-Level User Association

run sql select eu.userid, d.name, d.description, n.dnorpattern as DN from device as d inner join devicenumplanmap as dnpm on dnpm.fkdevice = d.pkid inner join devicenumplanmapendusermap as dnpeum on dnpeum.fkdevicenumplanmap=dnpm.pkid inner join enduser as eu on dnpeum.fkenduser=eu.pkid inner join numplan as n on dnpm.fknumplan = n.pkid and d.tkclass = 1

++ Phones that Have a Device-Level User Association

run sql select eu.userid, d.name, d.description, n.dnorpattern as DN, rp.name as partition from device as d inner join devicenumplanmap as dnpm on dnpm.fkdevice = d.pkid inner join enduserdevicemap as eudm on eudm.fkdevice=d.pkid inner join enduser as eu on eudm.fkenduser=eu.pkid inner join numplan as n on dnpm.fknumplan = n.pkid inner join routepartition as rp on n.fkroutepartition=rp.pkid and d.tkclass = 1

HTH

Regards
Abhay

Kindly rate all helpful posts !!!!

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Hello Abhay,

Thanks for your post. It is very useful. And what SQL query would you run in case you want to show what devices do not have any owner?

Thanks,

Susana

I know it's an old post but I was looking for the same thing so this might help somebody else, here is the query to find all phones not associated with an enduser:

run sql SELECT name FROM device WHERE tkclass = 1 AND fkEndUser IS NULL

or if you want to count all unassociated phones per phone model:

run sql select m.name, COUNT(*) as count from device as d inner join typemodel as m on d.tkModel = m.enum where d.tkclass = "1" AND d.fkEndUser IS NULL GROUP BY name

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: