Views
Helpful
Replies

how to configure a scheduled hunt group

mark.carroll
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

im need to configure a hunt group which during normal working hrs hunts thru 4 phones then gives the caller an option to leave a message. after working hrs I need the hunt pilot to go to a recorded message saying we are closed or similar with no option to leave a message, wondering how best to achieve this.

initially i was going to do time of day routing on callmanager but its pretty clunky. now im wondering is it possible for me to forward the hunt pilot to a cti route point which is set to cfwdall to unity connection, then on unity connection set up  system call handler and use the scheduler option within the handler. not sure if this will work, i dont see how one handler can facilitiate one iption during working hrs and another option after, can someone point me in the right direction here?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

Yes, there are multiple greetings available (Closed, Standard, Alternate, Holiday) that can each

have a different Script/recording and each handle the "After greeting action" differently. Some can take

a message and others could Hang up or route to another handler. Quite flexible

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

You could set the Call Forward settings @ the Hunt Pilot level to point to the Unity Connection Pilot

number. In Unity Connection set up either a standard mailbox or Call handler with the same

DN as the Hunt Pilot use the Schedule setting in connection to route to either the "Standard"

daytime greeting (with take message) or "Closed" after hours greeting (with hangup or say goodbye)

Cheers!

Rob

thanks Rob but im still not getting this

can i have both options on the 1 handler, i mean can it play a greeting during the working day and take a message and then after hrs play a greeting without taking a message?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

Yes, there are multiple greetings available (Closed, Standard, Alternate, Holiday) that can each

have a different Script/recording and each handle the "After greeting action" differently. Some can take

a message and others could Hang up or route to another handler. Quite flexible

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: