Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure CUCM to send # to H323 gateway

narayanan_b
Level 1
Level 1

Hi !

How to configure CUCM and H323 Gateway to dial  " #22# through CUCM and H323 gateway. . I have  created

dial-Pattern in Call Manager for #22#  . But CUCM is striping last #. So users can not dial #22# to  PSTN. The call

flow is   IP Phone ---> CUCM ---> H323GW ---> PSTN Line. I have created Dial-pattern in CUCM for #22# but

it stripe last # and sendong only #22 . Can you please sugget how we can configure CUCM to forward  # at the end the dialed string ?  I have already changed in Server Parameter  as  " Strip # Sign from Called Party Number   False " . But

in reality  it not working. CM is still strip #  at the end of the dialed strings.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

AnthonySylvester
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't believe this will be possible. The problem is that in CUCM, the # key is a termination key, to indicate the string of dialed digits is over.

On the other hand, in the H323 GW the # key is a Wild Card that defined any specific character.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/61083-voice-transla-rules.html#patten_wild

** Please remember to mark this post if it was helpful. **
Anthony Sylvester
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: