Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Configure DID?????

abhishek.shah
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

I have UC 560, tomorrow i have PRI testing, i collect all the information and switch type and setup DID through telephony setup wizrad.

Now my question if have to change DID during testing, how can i do that?

I think i can configure through  CCA 3.0 DID Configure>Dial plan>Incoming Dial plan> Direct Dialing.

there is setting for a DID start range and DID end range Internal number start and Internal number end..If i want to map a single number not the full range how can i do that??

let say i have PSTN number 203-999-9999 map to 9999 how can i do that through CCA...

Thanks,,

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do not use CCA, it very unlikey that you will get good results with it.

So what so i do for that?

can you please tell me how CLI Config for DID ???

i had one number 203-xxx-xxxx map to 6xxx. so how can i configure for that single maping.

create an incoming dial peer which direct-inward-dial and forward digits set to 3 and prefix 6; then create an outbound dial peer with destination pattern 6...

HTH

Hey vasnk

Thanks for the reply.....

can explain with some example....What are the commands for that???

Thanks,,

Stuti Desai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello

You can do it by using translation rules also.

For example:

First define the rule to change the number:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /203-999-9999/ /9999/

Then define a profile and include the rule for called number

voice translation-profile DID
translate called 1

Then make a incoming dial-peer and configure it to use this profile for incoming calls

dial-peer voice 1 pots
translation-profile incoming DID
incoming called-number .
direct-inward-dial

Then make a outgoing dial-peer with the destination pattern 9999 and point it to the call manager.

Stuti

Hi,

You could try number expansion on the UC560:

num-exp external.extension internal.extension

something like this:

num-exp 2039999999 9999

hth

p-vincent

Thanks to all, My PRI testing was successful... Thanks stuti, it helps a lot....

one problem i am facing right now is i need to configure a recepnist phone, she has SPA509G with 32 button auto attendant console. i configured her primary extension with octo line, so she should get 8 call on that button, but when 3rd call comes in it directly goes to voicemail.....she should get 8 call calls on that button am i right with this or not???

Thanks,,

Octo line means we can have a total of 8 calls on that line that includes both incoming and outgoing. Could you plesae post the show run from the CME?

HTH

Stuti

Hola,

Muchas gracias, me funciono perfectamente   pero ahora el problema es que esa extensión no puede realizar llamadas hacia afuera. ¿Cómo puedo solucionar eso?.

Gracias.