cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to configure FXS port in VG for fax machine

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

client planning to connect their fax machine with voice gateway FXS port. voice gateway will be added to cucm .

So do we need to configure this from cucm side or independently on voice gateway?

how can I configure FXS port if voice gateway added CUCM with MGCP, H323 or SIP trunk? 

4 Replies 4

I have sites with both mgcp and SCCP. Once I have access to my pc I will share the sample configs.

Find out which protocol is used by the isp t38 or pass through. Thatā€™s more important. Or fax will fail.

Response Signature

thnx. my question is that if the voice gateway is already configured with H323 still we can use mgcp for this purpose?

i heard it can be managed using local configuration with dial peer as well.

Which option is better in this case?

You can run multiple protocols on same vg.  But only one protocols can be used for the VG ports..

Response Signature

What would be the preference is depending upon your specifics, there is no one fits all type of setup. As @Nithin Eluvathingal wrote you can run multiple protocols simultaneously.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: