cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure multiple sip registers ?

dimitrikh
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CME with several cisco phones and 1 SIP TSP. SIP trunk is registered and calls are coming in and out, but the thing is that only 1 active call can be made. If one is active second call cannot be made. I contacted our TSP, they have asterisk on their side and they said that if I want to use more channels I have make more registers with different usernames.  Router model is 2900 with universal  IOS 15.2. this is the old config of sip-ua :

sip-ua

credentials username xxxxxxxxxxx password 7 0xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx realm xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

authentication username xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

no remote-party-id

max-forwards 15

registrar ipv4:xxxxxxxxxxxxx expires 600

host-registrar

and this is the new one:

sip-ua

credentials username xxxxxxxxxxxx password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx realm xxxxxxxxxxxxx

credentials username xxxxxxxxxxxx password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx realm xxxxxxxxxxxxx

authentication username xxxxxxxxxx password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

no remote-party-id

max-forwards 15

registrar 1 ipv4:xxxxxxxxxxxxx expires 600

registrar 2 ipv4:xxxxxxxxxxxxx expires 600

host-registrar

actually the realms and registar-s are the same IP addresses, passwords are also the same, only difference is in username. The thing is that I cannot enter new authentiation parameters, when I enter the new one it replaces the old one.

and this is the register status :

show sip-ua register status

--------------------- Registrar-Index  1 ---------------------

Line                             peer       expires(sec) registered P-Associ-URI

================================ ========== ============ ========== ============

9954932203300                    20002      64           yes       

9954932203301                    -1         64           no        

--------------------- Registrar-Index  2 ---------------------

Line                             peer       expires(sec) registered P-Associ-URI

================================ ========== ============ ========== ============

9954932203300                    20002      68           yes       

9954932203301                    -1         68           no 

as you can see second username cannot register.

So I have 2 questions:

1) Does cisco router's SIP trunk support more than one channels ( simultineous calls) or not?

2) If it doesnot support , how can I add second register and what is needed to use it for several calls at a time?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes it support

confirm that you have the max accept command

voice service voip

sip

subscription maximum accept 100

subscription maximum originate 100

registrar server expires max 600 min 60

Regards

Haitham

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Jorge Armijo
Level 4
Level 4

Support for Multiple Registrars on SIP Trunks on a Cisco Unified Border Element, on Cisco IOS SIP TDM Gateways, and on Cisco Unified Communications Manager Expres:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/cube/configuration/guide/vb_9655.html

Restrictions for Support for Multiple Registrars on SIP Trunks

The Support for Multiple Registrars on SIP trunks feature has the following restrictions:

Old and new forms of the registrar command are mutually exclusive: the registrar can be configured in  either primary/secondary mode or multiple registrar mode—not both.

Dynamic  Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) support is not available with  multiple registrars (available for primary/secondary mode only).

Only one authentication configuration per username can be configured at any one time.

A maximum of six registrars can be configured at any given time.

A maximum of 12 different realms can be configured for each endpoint.

You  cannot restrict the registration of specific endpoints with specific  registrars—once a new registrar is configured, all endpoints will begin  registering to the new registrar.

You cannot remove multiple configurations of credentials simultaneously—only one credential can be removed at a time.

HTH

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi

I have this same problem, how could you solve configure the two authentications?

yes it support

confirm that you have the max accept command

voice service voip

sip

subscription maximum accept 100

subscription maximum originate 100

registrar server expires max 600 min 60

Regards

Haitham

dimitrikh
Level 1
Level 1
I have read this article and some more, as you can see from my  config I have done it according to this articles, but the thing is that they say it can be added 6 registers with different usernames and password, credentials parameter really can be added more than 1 , but "authentication" parameter is only one, I mean when you try to add second authentication parameters it changes previous one, so at a time only 1 can be configured.  Also about restrictions: what it means that DHCP is not supported in multiple registrars mode? How it looks like, if you have a DHCP service active on the router, than can you add multiple registrars or not? if you add more than one what happens than, registrar is added but cannot be activated due to DHCP, or DHCP service is deactivated? Should I remove DHCP config before adding new regisrars?

dimitrikh
Level 1
Level 1

thank you very much, that worked for me, now I can made and accept more than one concurent calls on one registrer.

Just for information I still cannot use multiple registers, under sip-ua configuration mode I have 2 credentials with different usernames, 2 register-s with the same IP address, but cannot add second authentication parameteres with second username, so both credentials are using the same authentication username and password and hence I only have 1 registration,  second is forbidden, I called my TSP and they say that  two registration packets are comming , but with the same username and password, actually wich is configured under " authentication" parameter in "sip-ua" , so this is the output :

sip-ua register status

--------------------- Registrar-Index  1 ---------------------

9954932203300                    -1         25           yes       

9954932203301                    -1         25           no        

--------------------- Registrar-Index  2 ---------------------

9954932203300                    -1         25           yes       

9954932203301                    -1         25           no

as you can see first user is registered - 9954932203300, but the second - 9954932203301 is not, because the second is also using first's username and password, but the proxy is waiting for another.

Hi Dimitri,

Glad it worked for you

For multiple user authentication. There was a lot of issue with Cisco for this untill I hitnk 15.0

and you are 15.2

Confirm you can call in but can't call out

Also try these example of Cisco

Configuring Credentials for Endpoints to Register with Multiple Registrars on a SIP Trunk: Example

The following example shows how to configure credentials for endpoints on a Cisco IOS SIP TDM gateway, Cisco Unified CME, or Cisco UBE to register with multiple registrars ("Example1.com" and "Example2.com") on a SIP trunk simultaneously:

Router> enable

Router# configure terminal

Router(config)# sip-ua

Router(config-sip-ua)# credentials number 1111 username MyUsername password MyPassword 
realm Realm.example1.com

Router(config-sip-ua)# credentials number 1111 username MyUsername2 password 
MyOtherPassword realm AnotherRealm.example1.com

Router(config-sip-ua)# credentials number 2222 username TheirUsername password 
TheirPassword realm Realm.example1.com

Router(config-sip-ua)# credentials number 2222 username TheirUsername2 password 
TheirOtherPassword realm AnotherRealm.example1.com

Router(config-sip-ua)# registrar 1 dns:example1.com expires 180

Router(config-sip-ua)# registrar 2 dns:example2.com expires 360

Regards

Haitham

Plz rate helpful posts

Hi hythamhadad

thank you for your response.

sip-ua

no remote-party-id

max-forwards 15

registrar 1 ipv4:xxxxxxxxxxxxx expires 600

registrar 2 ipv4:xxxxxxxxxxxxx expires 600

host-registrar

as you can see from this output I've configured 2 different credentials and 2 registrars without a problem, but 

this parameter can be only 1 at a time and it is used for authentication with sip proxy, when I try to add second "authentication username .... " command  it changes first one so no chance to have two different  usernames, hence you I can only register with one registrar, because for the second one the same username is used and it is incorrect.  This is the main issue.  I hope that I explained correctly , if not please le me know

Hello,
could you tell me, please, did you manage to handle this task ?

Are you doing this in CUCM or CUBE?

Hello,
This is CUBE. I have to register several accounts with one provider. Accounts have the same realm.
I have configured credentials and it seams that they are registered now, but it is only one authentication parameter available under sip-ua section

(the latest one re-writes others previously configured), so I doubt it will work properly.

This is a restriction.

Only one authentication configuration per username can be configured at any
one time

This is still not clear for me:
It is a part of the existing configuration.
sip-ua
credentials username USERNAME1 password PASSWORD1 realm asterisk
authentication username USERNAME1 password PASSWORD1
I am adding the second account:

ISR4321V(config)#sip-ua
ISR4321V(config-sip-ua)#credentials username USERNAME2 password PASSWORD2 realm asterisk1
(even with the different realm)
ISR4321V(config-sip-ua)#authentication username USERNAME2 password PASSWORD2
Updating username/password for realm
After that UPDATING only one authentication is left under sip-ua section in spite of it was configured for the other username. The first one is re-written.

So is this for a single SIP trunk or are there multiple trunks going to the same ITSP but requiring different credentials ?

Hi,
yes, there are several SIP accounts GW should be registered to.
For that reason 2 credentials are created, but only one authentication is possible to create.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: