cancel
Announcements
Walkthrough Wednesdays
Views
Helpful
Replies
dimitrikh
Beginner

How to configure multiple sip registers ?

I have a CME with several cisco phones and 1 SIP TSP. SIP trunk is registered and calls are coming in and out, but the thing is that only 1 active call can be made. If one is active second call cannot be made. I contacted our TSP, they have asterisk on their side and they said that if I want to use more channels I have make more registers with different usernames.  Router model is 2900 with universal  IOS 15.2. this is the old config of sip-ua :

sip-ua

credentials username xxxxxxxxxxx password 7 0xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx realm xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

authentication username xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

no remote-party-id

max-forwards 15

registrar ipv4:xxxxxxxxxxxxx expires 600

host-registrar

and this is the new one:

sip-ua

credentials username xxxxxxxxxxxx password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx realm xxxxxxxxxxxxx

credentials username xxxxxxxxxxxx password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx realm xxxxxxxxxxxxx

authentication username xxxxxxxxxx password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

no remote-party-id

max-forwards 15

registrar 1 ipv4:xxxxxxxxxxxxx expires 600

registrar 2 ipv4:xxxxxxxxxxxxx expires 600

host-registrar

actually the realms and registar-s are the same IP addresses, passwords are also the same, only difference is in username. The thing is that I cannot enter new authentiation parameters, when I enter the new one it replaces the old one.

and this is the register status :

show sip-ua register status

--------------------- Registrar-Index  1 ---------------------

Line                             peer       expires(sec) registered P-Associ-URI

================================ ========== ============ ========== ============

9954932203300                    20002      64           yes       

9954932203301                    -1         64           no        

--------------------- Registrar-Index  2 ---------------------

Line                             peer       expires(sec) registered P-Associ-URI

================================ ========== ============ ========== ============

9954932203300                    20002      68           yes       

9954932203301                    -1         68           no 

as you can see second username cannot register.

So I have 2 questions:

1) Does cisco router's SIP trunk support more than one channels ( simultineous calls) or not?

2) If it doesnot support , how can I add second register and what is needed to use it for several calls at a time?

16 REPLIES 16

Use multi-tenant -
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-cube-multi-tenants.html

Check the IOS. You might need to upgrade.

Nipun Singh Raghav
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them"

Some very obvious features take decades to get into IOS, LOL
Content for Community-Ad

Spotlight Awards 2021