Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure TEHO

Hi All,

We are Planning to confiure TEHO,can someone help me how to configure it and what information i have to collect to configure it.

We hve CUCM 8.5 and CME 8.8

4 Replies 4

Nizar Abuseni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

TEHO can be configured by using Route Groups and Route Lists in CUCM. I will give you a small example and I hope it will make things clear:

You have to sites, one in SJ (1408XXXXXXX) and one in RTP (1919XXXXXXX).

Now if someone from SJ wants to dial a number that belongs to RTP then you have to create two route group one contains SJ voice gateway and the other contains RTP gateway.

Then you will create one route list and add the RTP route group as a first choice and the SJ as second choice. Now from route list details you need to modify each route group as following:

1 -For RTP route group: in Called Party Transformations do discard digits (NANP:PreDot) and prefix with 9.

2- For SJ route group: you dont need to do anything.

Now create a route pattern 91919.XXXXXXX and point this to route list you created. In this scenario if RTP site is available then the call should go through this site, otherwise it will choose the SJ site for routing this call.

Also it will be easy to achieve this with Local Route Groups at it will simplifies call routing in CUCM, please take a look on the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fslrg.html#wp1048957

Best regards,

Nizar

Also, check out CUCM SRND for some examples around TEHO configuration. My view of TEHO is that unless you are in countries where long distance is still expensive this is not worth it as bandwidth is more expensive than minimal LD charges. Again, may vary by country/customer.

Chris

Hi,

Also some country do not allow TEHO. You will have to check locally if your country law supports carring PSTN voice traffic on WAN.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

whether UAE support for Teho ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: