When adding in a new device to CUCM, such as the 8945, you should have an option to select the device protocol after the phone type selection page. Changing this to SCCP instead of SIP should do this. You need to re-add already existing phones to convert them from SIP to SCCP as far as I know.
I talked to Tac. Here's the solution:
When you want to go from SCCP to SIP
1) Delete the phone(s) on the “Device –> Phone” page
2) Set the auto registration protocol to SCCP on the System –> Enterprise Parameters
3) Restart your phone by unplugging the power cable of your phone(s)
4) Wait 10 seconds and put the power cable back in and wait
Your phone(s) should now boot and upgrade (or migrate) itself to the SCCP image.
When it does not work the first time just try it the second time …
Please find the step for migrating phones from SIP to SCCP and SCCP to SIP.
Create a new phone (SIP) template:
- Go to Bulk Administration –> Phones –> Phone Template
- Click on “Add New”
- Select the phone type you want to create the template for and click on next
- Select the SIP protocol and click on next
- You will see a bunch of options and change the options that are mandatory.
- When done click on “Save”
Use the Bulk Administration Tool to migrate the phone(s) to an SIP image:
- Go to Bulk Administration –> Phones –> Migrate Phones –> SCCP to SIP
- Select the phone(s) you want to migrate from SCCP to SIP
- Select the option “Run Immediately”
- And click in “Submit”
When this is all done you should see your phone resetting itself and it will upgrade to the SIP image.
Make sure you put the auto registration protocol to SIP on the System –> Enterprise
Hello, thanks for the steps. However u mentioned two steps 1. Creating sip template and 2 using migration of phones option. You didn't indicate step 1 in step 2.
So what we do with the sip template created in step 1.
Must we use auto registration? In my cucm, I disabled auto registration for the sccp phones.