Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Debug CUCM Mobility/Single Number Reach call

Blair Telecom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

How do I trace a Single Number Reach call in my voice gateways?  I've tried all the debug commands and cannot see the calls. I know the calls are going out becuase I'm receiving them on my mobile but, I need to see what is being sent.

Running:

CUCM v. 9.12.

Cisco 3925 Voice Gateways w/ Version 15.2(2)T3

Thanks,

Chris

9 Replies 9

Hi Chris.

How is your VG connected to the PSTN (SIP-E1/T1-Analogue)?

The starting point could be debug voip ccapi  inout

Please let me know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Carlo,

Thanks for the reply.  VG is connected to the PSTN via T1-PRI.  I ran the following debugs:

debug isdn q931

debug isdn q921

debug voip ccapi inout

debug ccsip messages

Chris

Chris,

Apologize about not reading the complete post!

(debug isdn q931) should show you what is being sent over to PSTN. no output when issue the above debugs? if so, please try the following commands:

conf t

logginng on

logging mon 7

exit

term mon

Then make a test call.

Thank you,

Shadi

Hi Chris.

Debugging isdn q931, are you able to see other calls log?

on vg do what follows 

conf t

logging buffered 4096

logging monitor debug

logging enable

try to activate debug isdn q931 again

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Carlo,

Thanks again for the help.  I must not have had the logging enabled fully, I see the calls now.  We are having issues with calls showing up as Unavailable instead of displaying the phone number.  It's just started the last month and there have been no changes.  Some people have the problem all the time and some people have the problem with random calls.  Other than our voice carrier the users have nothing in common.  Different mobile phones & different carriers.  There have been reports of users calling customers and are all of a sudden coming up as Unavailable. ?????

Regards,

Chris

Hi Chris.

With "Unavailable" do you mean Unknown?

If it appears randomly you can activate a permanent debug isdn q931 and send the log to a syslog server in order to verify if there is a similar event, such as same B channel selected, that happens when remote user doesn't display correct Calling number.

I would also check with my Provider which could be the cause :)

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Hi Carlo,

When the call comes in to the mobile it shows as Unavailable but, the call log on the phone shows Unknown.  So, I guess in this case the words are inter-changeable.  I know the numbers are leaving the GW's becuase I see them and this just started happening but, to random people.

Best,

Chris

Shadi Shami
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Chris,

In addition to (debug voicp ccapi inout), I recommend collecting CallManager logs to confirm whether the call leaving CUCM into te VG or not.

Thank you,

Shadi

Hi Shadi,

I know the calls are going out my VG's because the mobile phone rings and I can answer the call.  I cannot see the call info in the VG when it goes out or when the call is active.

Thanks,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: