Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Delete/Remove voicemail of users from Cisco Unity Connection

Hi Voice Engineer Experts,

Do you guys know How to Delete/Remove voicemail of users from Cisco Unity Connection?

Thank you in advance.

Erwin

12 Replies 12

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

You could delete and recreate their mailboxes.  

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the response.
May I know how to delete the voicemail and re-create the users mailboxes on Cisco Unity Connection?

I'm not sure what version of Unity you are running but suggest taking a look at the System Administration Guide for the version you run.  Here is a link to the guide for 10.x.  "Users" section will explain how to delete and how to create a mailbox.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/administration/guide/10xcucsagx/10xcucsag040.html

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Hi Andrew,

Running Cisco Unity Version 11.5 - would the link you provide will on 11.5 version?

Hi, Erwin.  Yes the steps are the same but here is the link to 11.x of Unity:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/11x/administration/guide/b_cucsag/b_cucsag_chapter_010100.html

dkumar9
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

++ Delete Voicemails of a Particular User:

From Webpage: Login to web-inbox(example: 10.1.2.3/inbox) using user credential(whose voicemail is supposed to be deleted). then you can delete individual voicemails one by one.

From CLI:   

To Mark the messages to deletion from 1st February 2012 (6 AM) to 1st July 2013 (6 AM) for a user with alias "dkumar9",

admin:run cuc dbquery unitymbxdb1 update tbl_FolderItem set deleted = 1 where arrivaltime between '2012-02-01 06:00:00' and '2013-07-01 06:00:00' and folderobjectid = (select folderobjectid from tbl_folder where mailboxobjectid= (select mailboxobjectid from vw_mailbox where description='dkumar9') and folderinfoobjectid = (select folderinfoobjectid from tbl_folderinfo where name='Inbox'))

++ Delete Voicemail of "All Users"

To Mark the messages to deletion which arrived between Jan 2012 to Jan 2013:

admin:run cuc dbquery unitymbxdb1 update tbl_FolderItem set deleted = 1 where arrivaltime between '2012-01-01 00:00:00' and '2013-01-01 00:00:00'

++ Finally, run the aging policy task to delete all messages which were marked for deletion permanently from unity:

admin:run cuc sysagent task Umss.MessageAgingTask

Hi dkumar9,

Thank you for response. For Unity Web Inbox you refer below, I can login using my credentials but for the users in the company. I do not know their credentials to login. May I know if there's other way to delete their voicemail on this Web Inbox?

From Webpage: Login to web-inbox(example: 10.1.2.3/inbox) using user credential(whose voicemail is supposed to be deleted). then you can delete individual voicemails one by one.

Erwin, make sure that you have web inbox enabled in your COS (class of service).

Class of Service - Class of Service - <name of COS> - Licensed Features - Allow Users to Use the Web Inbox and RSS Feeds

If this is not checked then you will get a "Message access not enabled" message.

With that being said you may be able to get to a users mailbox in a roundabout way.  We do not have web inbox enabled so I cannot test 100% but I am able to do this:

Query user in Unity Admin - go to User Basics for desired user - Edit - Private Distribution Lists (this will open a new window/tab for PCA) - edit the URL from "IP (or FQDN)/ciscopca" to "IP (or FQDN)/inbox"

Since we do not have inbox enabled I am not able to see messages but in the inbox if I click on "Settings" at the top it takes me to PCA for the user I was querying in Unity Admin.  In theory this should work for you to get to an individual users mailbox but will have to defer to somebody that may have inbox enabled in their environment.

Deleting voicemails for the one user didn't work. I got back a Rows: 0 with no changes to the voicemails in the users new inbox. 

Since this seems to have dragged on for ages, can I suggest something that will empty the mailboxes in a couple of days?

From CUC Admin go into "Message Storage / Message Aging / Aging Policies"

Create a new policy, I call mine "Fast Aging Policy" and set this to purge stuff over a few days.  Then apply this policy to the mailboxes you want to empty, and in a few days all their messages will be gone.  Remember to change back to your default policy.

Fast Aging Screenshot_174.png

123ishti
Level 1
Level 1

if you want to just disable the voicemail alert from the phone,

go to cucm -> advance features -> voice Mail -> message waiting -> search there

it will show all the message wiating numbers

check the "WMI off" number and type that number on the phone.

thats it.

Your response is completely irrelevant to what has been asked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: