cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to disable the standard voicemail prompt in Unity Connection.

skirk1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I would like to disable the voicemail prompt that is played when a call enters a user voicemail.

Example:

When you enter a users voicemail, it plays: "<Standard greeting/Alternative greeting>" fllowing by "<At the tone, please leave a message, press the pund key for function and features>". I would like the user to record such message, so it is something like this: "<Hi, you've called Kristian, please leave a message after the tone>. 

So how do I disable the standard message in a users voicemail? Is it a global UC configuration or per user?

Best regards

Kristian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

You have to make two changes under VM profile:

First: Put check mark for "Set subscriber for self-enrollment at next login" under "Profile" section

Second: Put check mark for "Do not play the "Record your message at the tone" prompt" under "Greetings" section

This will disable the auto message and will allow user to record his/her greeting message.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

You have to make two changes under VM profile:

First: Put check mark for "Set subscriber for self-enrollment at next login" under "Profile" section

Second: Put check mark for "Do not play the "Record your message at the tone" prompt" under "Greetings" section

This will disable the auto message and will allow user to record his/her greeting message.

Thanks. that did the trick

/Kristian

Disabling a user in Active directory (LDAP integration on Unity connection ) does not lead to disable voice mail in Unity

Customer and I expected when we disabling an account in AD it disable Voice mail in Unity connection too so we should not be able to hear or leave a VM. The sync with AD happens every night at midnight

2.AD account disabled 2:15pm on Jan 14 2016, tried to leave message and login to VM

1. confirmed AD sync happens at midnight everyday
  2. Jan 15 2016 morning before AD account reactive, I still able to login to VM to listen message and still able to leave message to my VM
  3. On Unity, I can see the sync is working and status show user has been deleted form LDAP and Inactive, see screen shot below (checked attached file)

Why disabling an account from AD does not disable the VM which is integrated to LDAP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: