cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Download a .xml file from cucm tftp?

CN_donke.xu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone

I forgot the contents of a file,So I want to Download the .xml file from cucm tftp,

who can tell me how  to Download a .xml file from cucm tftp?

Very grateful

Donke xu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To see the contents, go to CUCM CLI and type the following command:

file view tftp jabber-config.xml

To copy the file to your SFTP server, use the command:

file get tftp jabber-config.xml

To list files in TFTP server, use the command:

file list tftp *

*** Please rate useful posts

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Inderpal Oberoi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

One  method of accessing these TFTP files is to actually use HTTP which was made available in CallManager 8.x. The 89XX and 99XX series IP phones actually attempt to download files via HTTP and fall back to TFTP only when necessary. You can use this new functionality to your advantage and simply browse to http://<TFTP server IP or hostname>:6970/<File Name>

For example if you wish to download a phone configuration file just put this in the address bar of your browser:

http://<TFTP server IP or hostname>:6970/SEP<MACADDRESS>.cnf.xml

Hi Inderpal Oberoi

I had try you method but i still can't see the contents of the file,My Callmanager's version is 10.5 so is there any different?

Thank you very much for your guidance.

Donke xu

To see the contents, go to CUCM CLI and type the following command:

file view tftp jabber-config.xml

To copy the file to your SFTP server, use the command:

file get tftp jabber-config.xml

To list files in TFTP server, use the command:

file list tftp *

*** Please rate useful posts

HI mohammed al baqari

Your answer has been the perfect solution to my problem,Thank you very much for your help.

Donke xu

Hi to all,

I want to upload new image for CISCO phones module 7911 and 7940. As I saw that I have to have xml.file so how can I get the xml file or I have to create it. Is there any template form CUCM that I can download. 

The administration guide for each model has that information, specs for images, and the specific folder to be used for that model.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7906g_7911g/9_0/english/admin_guide/P761_BK_CAB67D48_00_admin-guide-7906g-7911g/P761_BK_CAB67D48_00_admin-guide-7906g-7911g_chapter_0110.html#P761_TP_CF5DCB13_00

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

you are awesome

Try to use IE. It will work.

:)

Inderpal that is the EXACT answer I have been looking for to figure out all the model types for XMLDefault.cnf.xml. 

So instead of the individual file I have been using the XMLDefault.cnf.xml, but websites only have a portion of the phones that are available, and the newest one with CUCM are not there.

http://<TFTP server IP or hostname>:6970/XMLDefault.cnf.xml

And now I can attempt to get the individual file and see if that will work even better.

Thank you VERY VERY much.

This is exactly what I needed. Thanks

EDIT: My bad, all I have to do at that error site is to hit the Alt key and select File -> Save page as...  :(

Hello guys

Can you please advise what am I doing wrong here ?
I can't see the cfg file via either of the options described above.

CUCM  Version: 9.1.2.12901-3

Accessing the TFTP via our vCenter Server

Thank you for advice

jritmanis
Level 1
Level 1

For HTTPS download: https://<ip address or hostname>:6972/jabber-config.xml

operezgr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Just in case you need to download the current List.xml you can use the command below from the CUCM TFTP CLI. 

In order to keep all images that all phones currently have you need to download the List.xml from the CUCM TFTP. You can go to the CLI of the TFTP server and run the command below.

file view activelog cm/tftpdata/Desktops/800x480x24/List.xml

Command example:

admin:file view activelog cm/tftpdata/Desktops/800x480x24/List.xml

<CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/800x480x24/CiscoTH.png" URL="TFTP:Desktops/800x480x24/CiscoFull.png"/>

</CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

end of the file reached

options: q=quit, n=next, p=prev, b=begin, e=end (lines 1 - 3 of 3) :

admin:

Once you have the output you can copy/paste past the line below to add the new blank images to CUCM TFTP.

<CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/800x480x24/BlankimageTH.png" URL="TFTP:Desktops/800x480x24/BlankimageFull.png"/>

<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/800x480x24/CiscoTH.png" URL="TFTP:Desktops/800x480x24/CiscoFull.png"/>

</CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

Now you can save and  you can also change from .txt to .xml.

At this point you can upload the List.xml and the images TH and Full to ALL TFTP servers running active in your environment.

In order to find out which servers are running the TFTP service you can go to Cisco Unified Serviceability > Tools > Feature Services  > Check if Cisco TFTP is running.

Remember to make the changes effective you must restart the Cisco TFTP service following the steps Cisco Unified Serviceability > Tools > Feature Services  > Check if Cisco TFTP > Restart (steps must be done to all TFTP servers running)

Reference: https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/44191/how-modifychange-background-image-ip-phone-new 

Once you have done the steps above, please see below. This information is for you to make a default background image in the IP Phones.

On 8800 phones there is an option to make the a image set as default on all phones, by doing this it allow us to still keep all the current images in case other users have it other wall papers for use.

Link:  http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8800-series/english/adminguide/P881_BK_C136782F_00_cisco-ip-phone-8800_series/P881_BK_C136782F_00_cisco-ip-phone-8811-8841_chapter_01011.html

Background Image: Specifies the default wallpaper file. When a default wallpaper is set, the user can't change the phone wallpaper.

Go to Background Image > Paste Desktops/800x480x24/CiscoFull.png  

Note. This feature applies to certain phones only. 

Now that all images are up you can set up the blank image by default on all phones. In order to do this bulk you must follow the steps below.

Go to: Cisco Unified CM Administration > Bulk Administration > Phones > Update Phones > Filter by Phone Type > Next > Go to Background Image > Paste Desktops/800x480x24/CiscoFull.png > Run Immediately. This will take you to Job Scheduler and the job should successfully complete for all phones.

Please make sure you have a maintenance window for these phones for about 10 minutes since this step re-registers the phone as when you hit on Run immediately it resets all phones selected.

When the user checks the phone the default image will be the Blank you uploaded, however since we did not remove the rest of the images from the List.xml all phones will have access to all images, but again the default image will be set to blank.

Note. Attached I am leaving the  blank images I used in my lab, in case you need them. 

Thank you, 

Osvaldo Perez. 

Cisco TAC. 

Thanks Osvaldo for this post. I see everyone is commenting how to get this file, however, I wonder what all we need to upload this file after doing necessary changes so far I have used two TFTP clients however no success.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: