Views
Helpful
Replies

how to download the custom announcement file from CUCM

Rajkumar Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Please can anyone help in me identifying the directory where the custom announcement files would be stored in CUCM.

Trying the SFTP procedure similar to moh file download from mohprep directory,however unable to find announcement directory.

Regards,

Raaj

11 Replies 11

Use the below command on CUCM CLI to list the files which are available

+++++++++++++

file list activelog mohprep/*

In order to transfer the file over to SFTP server use below command

+++++++++++++

file get activelog mohprep/<NAME_OF_FILE>

Regards

Abhay Reyal

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Hi Abhay,

Those files are not  found in mohprep directory.

Is it any separate directory for those files.

Regards,

Raaj

file list activelog /cm/tftpdata/english_united_states

file get activelog /cm/tftpdata/english_united_states

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Thank you for the reply, however i did not find the custom file in that folder.

It has only default files.

Regards,

Raaj

My bad I missed the part that you are looking for Custom Announcement files. Try below location:

file list activelog cm/tftpdata/CustomAnn/english_united_states

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Thank you for support, however still the custom ann files were not found.

Regards,

Raaj

Hi Raaj Did you find the location of the announcement files, I also need to download them to transfer to another server.

Regards, Nick

Hi Nick,

No luck.

Is it possible to change default error messages tone that "your call can not be completed ...."customer want to localizied this announce , can you please someone explain me how can i that ?

Thanks

I just had this problem and discovered whatever announcement file name you upload gets rewritten to something generic.  I was having an issue with getting default announcement vs custom on only some calls and come to find out (using the cli commands above)  I would get the below on one node:

admin:file list activelog cm/tftpdata/CustomAnn/english_united_states
Custom_05002.alaw.wav Custom_05002.g729.wav
Custom_05002.ulaw.wav Custom_05002.wb.wav
Custom_05002.xml

and this on another

no such file or directory can be found

It looks like there is no way to verify your announcement is uploaded as the webGUI jsut displays the filename you uploaded when the announcement is created.  I had to manually logon to each node and go to the announcement and upload the custom file (which in turn gets renamed) to the announcement.

In order to get your custom file you will need to use

file get activelog cm/tftpdata/CustomAnn/english_united_states <filename>

that you want to get.  Unfortunately you will have to download each file to see which announcement is the one you are looking for since the file gets renamed.

Edward Noell
Level 1
Level 1
I just had this problem and discovered whatever announcement file name you upload gets rewritten to something generic. I was having an issue with getting default announcement vs custom on only some calls and come to find out (using the cli commands above) I would get the below on one node:

Custom_05002.alaw.wav Custom_05002.g729.wav
Custom_05002.ulaw.wav Custom_05002.wb.wav
Custom_05002.xml

and this on another

no such file or directory can be found

It looks like there is no way to verify your announcement is uploaded as the webGUI jsut displays the filename you uploaded when the announcement is created. I had to manually logon to each node and go to the announcement and upload the custom file (which in turn gets renamed) to the announcement.

In order to get your custom file you will need to use

file get activelog cm/tftpdata/CustomAnn/english_united_states <filename>

that you want to get. Unfortunately you will have to download each file to see which announcement is the one you are looking for since the file gets renamed.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: