cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to enable call forwarding on one phone / ext to multiple extensions or users via Cisco CM 7.1?

benacquis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We currently have a Cisco Unified CM 7.1 as our phone system, with corresponding IP 7940 phones.  One of our managers is asking if I could forward all calls coming in to a particular extension (700) over to 3 different users / extensions at the same time.  In essense they want these 3 users to have the option to pick up any calls forwarded from ext 700.

I tried looking over in CM; however unable to figure  out how to do this.  Can someone please assist how to set this up in CM?  Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

goto CUCM Admin--> Call routing -->route/hunt --> line group

Take these 3 r more user (as you required) put into new line group..

create hunt list and select  particular line group in it.

create hunt pilot number  for ex 1111 and select particular hunt list in it.

create call forward number as 1111

call flow will be like this:

manager will forward the call to 1111 and call will go for hunt group (Priority) and it will look for line group.

then anybody can take the call (as you req. you can configure in line group).

refer below doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmcfg/b03lngrp.html

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If they all have different DNs on the phones you cannot do that, but here is couple of solutions:

1. build broadcast line group with all 3 DNs, build hunt list and hunt pilot pointing to it, forward the DN to the hunt pilot

2. build pickup group and assign all 4 DNs to it, this way when the DN rings any of the 3 users can press pickup softkey to pick up the call.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chirs

VLT06
Level 3
Level 3

How about creating a hunt pilot to which you forward the ext 700 to, then create a broadcast hunt group containing the three extensions that it is to ring on?

goto CUCM Admin--> Call routing -->route/hunt --> line group

Take these 3 r more user (as you required) put into new line group..

create hunt list and select  particular line group in it.

create hunt pilot number  for ex 1111 and select particular hunt list in it.

create call forward number as 1111

call flow will be like this:

manager will forward the call to 1111 and call will go for hunt group (Priority) and it will look for line group.

then anybody can take the call (as you req. you can configure in line group).

refer below doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmcfg/b03lngrp.html

Thanks V.Naveen Kumar...that looks like it did the trick. I think I need to do 1 or 2 more tweaks; however its definitley close to what they're asking.  Thanks again, much appreciated

My apologies for not providing exact directions (thus not getting rated :-() I always thought is it better to teach people how to fish and provide high level solution so one can learn on his/her own. My bad...

Chris

Thanks as well Chris.  Sorry for not rating you earlier and I do indeed like to normally learn and do on my own.  Honestly have been a little wrapped up post Sandy hurricance here in NYC with a million tasks at hand, but do appreciate the response.  Thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: