cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to exclude numbers from a dial peer?

davistw
Level 1
Level 1

I have a call manger that is connected to a distant PBX via a T1 that is on a Gateway

The numbers on the CUCM are 52364XX numbers. 5236401,5236402... etc.

The numbers on the PBX are variable in length and do not contain 52364XX extensions.

I setup dial peers on the router like below:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

description Inbound dialpeer from PBX to VOIP

incoming called-number 52364..

direct-inward-dial

port 0/1/0:23

forward-digits all

!

dial-peer voice 2 voip

description Outbound from PBX to VOIP via CUCM

destination-pattern 52364..

session target ipv4:192.168.1.23

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 114 pots

description forward all calls to PBX over T1

destination-pattern .

direct-inward-dial

port 0/1/0:23

forward-digits all

The problem:

If someone on the PBX calls a 52364XX extension and for some reason the Call manager is not available then the call gets routed right back to the PBX.

IE it comes in on dial peer 1 and goes out on dial peer 114.

What I want it to do is fail the call back to the PBX.

What I need to to do exclude 52364XX numbers from matching dial peer 114.

I have tried  [^5][^2][^3][^6][^4]. but it fails to send any calls to the PBX from the VOIP.

Help?

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Best way would be to build cor-lists and avoid the call to loop back to the PBX via that method.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris. I am looking at cor-list right now. The problem I am seeing is that I dont know what numbers to allow. I dont have any control over the numbers that are on the PBX nor will they tell me their list of DN's. All I know is if it is not in my local CUCM then ship it to them and let them figure it out... Hence the 114 dot dial peer....

Thanks again

You don't have to worry about which numbers to allow. If the intent is to disallow the tromboning back to PBX you just block dial -peer 114 from being matched when call arrives from PBX. So you would need to add another incoming pots dial-peer with incoming called number . and apply corlist to it, and then apply a corlist to dial peer 114.

HTH,

Chris

I guess I am still confused.

What would the core list to 114 look like since I have no idea what numbers are at the pbx? Doesnt a cor-list have to have list of "allowed" numbers?

I  have created Class of restrictions on CUCM before and I a tyring to relate this to that but I am lost in the logic  jungle so far.....

Again, thank you..

The reject translation mentioned below might work, but the COR seems to have exactly the function you are looking for.  It does not have a list of numbers, it puts dial peers into relationships with one another, to either allow or disallow calls between them that match those peers.  Here are a few snips from a tech note, with link at end: 

COR is used to specify which incoming dial-peer can use which outgoing dial-peer to make a call. Each dial-peer can be provisioned with an incoming       and an outgoing COR list. The corlist command sets the dial-peer COR parameter for dial-peers and the directory numbers that are created for Cisco IP phones associated with the Cisco CallManager Express router. COR functionality provides the ability to deny certain call attempts on the basis of the incoming and outgoing CORs that are provisioned on the dial-peers. This functionality provides flexibility in network design, allows users to block calls (for example, calls to 900 numbers), and applies different restrictions to call attempts from different originators.

If the COR applied on an incoming dial-peer (for incoming calls) is a super set or equal to the COR applied to the outgoing dial-peer (for outgoing calls), the call goes through. Incoming and outgoing are  terms used with respect to the "voice ports".

COR is often described as a lock and key mechanism. Locks are assigned to dial peers with an outgoing COR list. Keys are assigned to dial peers with an incoming COR list.

Note: If either the incoming dial peer or the outgoing dial peer does not have a COR list applied, the call succeeds.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a008019d649.shtml

Mary Beth

Ahh, I think I got it.... I was trying to tie it to phone numbers. I will give this a try.

What about applying a translation rule to dial peer 114

rule 1 reject /^52364/