cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to export vm messages from unity connection 7.x to 8.x

hutto.txed.net
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to upgrade to 8.x from 7.x, acualy I am installing a new server, and I was able to use Cobras to import most of the data from the 7.x server, except for the voicemail messages.  I read that because I am using the Unrestricted version of Unity connection that Cobras will be unable to export the vm messages, something to do with encryption.

Question 1:  Is there a way to import vm messages from 7.x to 8.x.

Question 2:  If unable to import the vm messages, is there a way to backup my 7.x messages as audio files and save them on a separate machines and if users need them to send them to them. 

Thank you for any help you can give.

9 Replies 9

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Maximo,

Cobras is the only way to migrate data,

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/General/COBRAS/Help/COBRAS_Briefcase/COBRAS_Briefcase.htm#_Toc276653850

quick  question, are you upgrading from Unity to UNity conection or you are upgrading from unity connection to unity connection, if you are doing the latter the messages would get migrated.

Regards

Niket

I am upgrading from Unity Connection 7.1 to Unity Connection 8.x.  when I run Cobras and I select "include voice messages" it does Pre export checks and finally I ge the following error msg:  "Unable to log into Connection to extract messages.  Review the output below and the help file for details and troubleshooting steps. 

In the log these are the detailed msgs.

[Thread 001], [12/07/09 09:51:38], Checking to see if WAV file download functionality works, this may take a moment...

[Thread 001], [12/07/09 09:51:38],     Checking IMAP connectivity capability before starting export.

[Thread 001], [12/07/09 09:52:39], (error) Failed establishing IMAP connection for message backup.  Client error=Failed to attach to Connection server on port 7993 for IMAP login in AttachViaImap. Client error=ChilkatLog:

Connect:

DllDate: Jan 19 2012

UnlockPrefix: LNDBRGIMAPMAILQ

Username: MAXIMO-PC:maximo.rivera

Architecture: Little Endian; 32-bit

Language: .NET 4.0

hostname: 10.55.55.43

port: 7993

ConnectTimeoutMs_1: 60000

calling ConnectSocket2

IPV6 enabled connect with NO heartbeat.

This is an IPV4 numeric address...

AddrInfoList:

AddrInfo:

ai_flags: 4

ai_family: 2

ai_socktype: 1

ai_protocol: 0

ai_addrlen: 16

ai_canonname: (NULL)

--AddrInfo

--AddrInfoList

Connect using IPV4.

ipAddress1: 10.55.55.43

timeout waiting for connect to complete

numSec: 0

numMicroSec: 857000

Connect function failed..

SocketError: WSAEWOULDBLOCK The socket would block.

For more information see this Chilkat Blog post: http://www.cknotes.com/?p=210

failReason: 7

connect failed.

greeting:

--Connect

--ChilkatLog

Hi Maximo,

I was saying you are right , Cobras cant work with unrestricted systems, but my follow up question was that if you are ugprading from Unity Connection 7.x to Unity Connection 8.x then why do u need cobras, the ugprade mechanism will migrate the mailboxes.

I installed 8.x on a new VM machine server.  The main reason I am upgrading is to fix a known bug on 7.x that is only fixed on 8.5, I had to use the VM is because the 7.1 server is on a old server that is not supported on 8.5.  Is it still possible to migrate the msgs? 

Yes. You can export and import msgs from 7.x to 8.x using COBRAS. Please make sure account you use for COBRAS import/export has NO mailbox.

Hi Maximo: I am wondering if you got your problem resolved. I know its been a while you had posted your question but I ran into exact same situation now. Mind sharing what solved your problem? Thanks.

This was exactly what I needed for moving messages in unrestricted unity connection migration. Thank you

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I faced the same issue today. Here is the document that I created. Hope this will help someone who is having the same issue.

Thanks,

Vaijanath S.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

This was exactly what I needed for moving messages in unrestricted unity connection migration. Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: