cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Increase buffer size in ATA186 ( ver 3.1.1)

Hi Everyone,

I am facing registration issue with ATA 186 with cucm 7.1.5 , to resolve this I want to increase the buffer size from 4k to 10 k.

So how can i increase buffer size  from 4k to 10 k in ATA 186.

Regards

Rohit      

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Deepak,

This is a well known issue in ATA 186: CSCsd44357

The fix for this defect is in 3.2(4).

Since ATA cannot download config file "ATA.cnf.xml" from CCM if its size is over 4k,

ATA cannot get the load information in it  to start upgrating the new firmware.

As a workaround to upgrade the patch, the custom could  temporarily decrease  the config file size to 4k or smaller, such as only keep one CCM in CM group, disable all build-in Phone Services (for CCM 7.x).

Another workaround:  generate the atadefault.cfg which also includes a load information, and save this file to TFTP network locale path, for example "\United_States\atadefault.cfg". ATA will try this file if it cannot get cnf.xml

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Deepak,

This is a well known issue in ATA 186: CSCsd44357

The fix for this defect is in 3.2(4).

Since ATA cannot download config file "ATA.cnf.xml" from CCM if its size is over 4k,

ATA cannot get the load information in it  to start upgrating the new firmware.

As a workaround to upgrade the patch, the custom could  temporarily decrease  the config file size to 4k or smaller, such as only keep one CCM in CM group, disable all build-in Phone Services (for CCM 7.x).

Another workaround:  generate the atadefault.cfg which also includes a load information, and save this file to TFTP network locale path, for example "\United_States\atadefault.cfg". ATA will try this file if it cannot get cnf.xml

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: