cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to invoke an application service/TCL from the command line.

Hi all,

Hey I have a question,

(IOS 15.5), 2921

It results that I have a dial-peer when it is matched by a destination-pattern, instead of going anywhere it calls an service/tcl.

dial-peer voice 222 voip

service myTCLservice

destination-pattern 999

voice-class codec 1

no vad.

Is there a way I can invoke "myTCLservice" from the IOS CLI?

#start voice application myTCLservice

OR

#test application myTCLservice

the service already have the "params" defined in the IOS Config, so I just want to activate it.

How about #csim start 999? I read it does not work by SSH, at least it could activate the dial-peer?

I want to do this in the case that the router is only accessible by SSH cannot make/receive calls but I want to run that application very quick.

Thank you very much for your help.

Juan.

4 Replies 4

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If the IOS chooses the said dial-peer with the service, it will do a handoff and invoke the service. There is no need to activate anything once you have application parameters and the TCL correctly defined.

I would not suggest CSIM start on a production router. It can brick the box.

"There is no need to activate anything once you have application parameters and the TCL correctly defined."

Hi Nipun, let me set this scenario.

If I have 1000 Gateways with the TCL/Service config and I want to activate them all at the same time. But I am not able to make 1000 calls, at least simultaneously. Is there is something I can do?

The only tooI have is an SSH remote command tool for those IOS gateways that can ingress the command massively.

"

How to invoke an application service/TCL from the command line.?

"

Thank you very much.

I am trying to understand why do you want to invoke TCL service across 1000 gateways at one time ? What's the dependency here ?

Hi Nipun,

The TCL/Service we have in each router is an automated process to forward FXO lines to a different number. It calls each FXO line and dial the forwarding pattern followed by the forwarding number.

Each SITE can dial 999 and forward ALL their FXO lines to a Contact Center number (using the TCL script, simulating the same way your forward the number if your house in US.). Then incoming calls are not even on-net.

We would like to have control of that and do it massively.

For instance about 1000 x 2 FXO (2000 FXO PSTN numbers). going to the same Contact Center number.

I understand there are plenty of solutions to achieve that. in this specific scenario I am trying to figure out a way use the SSH CLI to activate that TCL.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: