cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to know the CM administration page username

ankit.gupta311
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a small query. If someone can please help, it will be great.

For call manager, Unity and UCCX, we have administration page as well as OS Administration page, for which we have two different usernames. Now my question is that if we forget the administration page username, then is it possible to get it through OS administration page or through CLI mode?

Any suggestion or help would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Application admin and OS admin are totally different users. If you forgot your application username you can go to your OS Admin via SSH and issue the below command to reset

utils reset_application_ui_administrator_name (For application username change)

utils reset_application_ui_administrator_password (For application password change)

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

ItalkNetworks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ankit,

Yes, you can still login to OS Administration page.

++ The Admin user is used to login to the Cisco unified CM Administration, unified Serviceability, Reporting webpage.

++ Whereas, the OS Admin user is used to login to the Cisco Unified OS Administration and Disaster Recovery System.

++ CLI access is also done using the OS Admin credentials hence, you should be able to login to the CLI as well.

++ Please refer to the below commands to reset your Administrator username and password from CLI:

This command resets the application user interface administrator name.
utils reset_application_ui_administrator_name

This command resets the application user interface administrator password.
utils reset_application_ui_administrator_password

Reference document:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cli_ref/9_0_1/CUCM_BK_C3A58B83_00_cucm-cli-reference-guide-90/CUCM_BK_C3A58B83_00_cucm-cli-reference-guide-90_chapter_01001.pdf

Please rate the post if, helpful.

Regards,
Akansha

Thanks Akansha and Ratheesh.
What I want to know is how I can get the same username for Cisco Unified CM administration from OS administration page. I don't want to reset the actual username. Is there a way to find that out?

Hi,

If u are running CUCM 9 or above , u can run the below command which would give u Application username

license management list users

The same user is used to login into CUCM Administration page and ELM/PLM

regds,

aman

Hi Ankit,

You can run "license management list users" and it will give you the list of Application users:

admin:license management list users
App user: ciscoadmin

Also, if you are not sure about the admin password and you want to check it, you can run

"set password user admin" on the CLI.

++ This command will prompt you to type in the old password and the new password and throw an error if the old password is incorrect:

admin:set password user admin
Please enter the old password:
Please enter a valid password

++ If the password is incorrect, you can reset it using

"utils reset_application_ui_administrator_password"

admin:utils reset_application_ui_administrator_password
New password:*
Confirm new Password:*

-------------------- utils reset_ui_administrator_password --------------------

Reset user interface password

Please rate the post if, helpful.

Regards,
Akansha Sharma

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: