cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to light the MWI for a non-primary extension?

tdilley2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have several users that are part of a Hunt Group.  Each user has their own personal Vmail box that is assosiated with their Primary line appearance.  If nobody answers a call that comes into the HG, the call is directed to a 'general' Vmail box for that HG.  Besides needing the MWI to light on a User's phone when a Vmail is left in that user's personal Vmail box assosicated with their primary line appearance, we also want the MWI to light on all the HG phones if a Vmail is left in the 'general' HG Vmail box.  I've read this can be done but it didn't say how to do it.  I don't have the exact versions but we are running very recent versions of CUCM and Unity.  Can someone shed some light or point me to a link?  Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

The default Message Waiting Lamp policy is to light the Primary line on user's phone.  On the directory number of the phone that pertains to the "shared" voicemail, i.e Line 2, update the to be "Light and Prompt".  This should get you going!

Regards, Ginger

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

The default Message Waiting Lamp policy is to light the Primary line on user's phone.  On the directory number of the phone that pertains to the "shared" voicemail, i.e Line 2, update the to be "Light and Prompt".  This should get you going!

Regards, Ginger

If I read your scenario correctly, you have the following:

Hunt Group = x1234

IP Phone (Hunt Group Member)

Line 1 = x1212

You want voicemail that is left in the mailbox for x1234 to also set MWI on x1212.

If so, you can do that.

In Unity web administration, go to the subscriber object for the GENERAL mailbox (i.e., x1234).  Under "Messages", you will see a table named "MWI Extensions" and it will have one entry for "X" (i.e., light MWI for the extension assoicated with this mailbox - x1234).  Choose "Add" and then enter the extensions you want to set MWI on individually.  When you are done adding MWI extensions, save the subscriber object settings.  When x1234 receives voicemail, the extensions you set up as MWI extensions will receive MWI notification as well.

What users need to know:

The MWI gets set for messages in their own mailbox and the general mailbox.  However, when they press the messages button they will be asked to enter the pin for their PERSONAL mailbox.  If they do not have a new message, they may be confused as to why the MWI is lit on their phone.  They will need to exit to the Unity main menu and login as the GENERAL mailbox (i.e., x1234 and phone password) and then check messages.  This means that users must share the password for the general mailbox.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

tdilley2
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you my friends!

Ginger - That is exactly the setting I was looking for.  It worked!

David - That was a great tip on how to access the non-primary Vmail box.

Thanks to both for your time and expertise!

Cheers!

Hi -

Cool! Glad we could help :-)

Ginger

So I am stuck in this issue where I put an extension 1234 to be notified when someone leaves a message for some extension which I can't remember now. Is there a report we can run either on RTMT or some other tool to see where 1234 is configured as alternate extension for MWI.