Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Locate IP Address Cisco Unified IP Telephony

shah55889
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I would like to configure existing Cisco Unified IP Telephony System, whose IP address lost or forgotten.

I downloaded CCA to manage to configure CISCO UC 500

Anyhow I could not locate the IP Address to connect from CCA.

Can anybody help me to get connected to CISCO UC 500 / how can locate the IP address.

I could not reset the CISCO UC 500, because everything is configured and running smoothly

I just wanted to connect CISCO UC 500 to configure voicemail and few other settings.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

-Thanks & Regards,

Abdul Bare

Compaxa, UK

5 Replies 5

mdawar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Abdul

If you login to the connected switch and use the command show cdp neighbor detail. or show cdp neighbor gi/fa x/y detail, you should be able to see the connected interface IP. From there try logging in.

Regards..

Thanks for your reply.

But actually, earlier an IT Professional configured CISCO through manual and he left from the country. Gone Missing !!

Current Scenario as show below

1) 3 Telephone Lines Connected to  ----->   CISCO UC 500 (all IP Phones takes IP Address from CISCO IP Telephony System)

2) Out of 8 POE LAN PORT on CISCO -  2 IP Desktop Phones Connected and 1-LAN Port is connected to CISCO Access Point, which gives wireless            access to Wireless CISCO IP Phones.

3) From Expansion Slot, a cross cable is connected to Switch. Thats it.

Now, we dont know the IP Address, how do I connect and configure the CISCO UC 500.

But When i look the Network Status in Desktop IP Phones and Wireless IP Phones and i see the IP Address is given in series of 192.168.3.0, which is different my network 192.168.2.0.

I tried connecting directly a LAN Cable to my laptop and put the same series 192.168.3.0, which is using by my CISCO UC 300.

But, I could get connected. I use even CCA ( CISCO Configuration Assistant) even though I could not get connected.

Please help me to get to the COnfiguration Module in CISCO.

I follow the Attached PDF to try to connect CISCO from my laptop but invain.

Also, Can I Configure Call Recording on UC 500?

Awaiting for your valuable response.

-Regards,

Abdul Bare.

Compaxa.UK

Hi Abdul,

Unless I am mistaken by what you have said, the system you are trying to get to (UC500) is also serving as the DHCP server...?

If this is the case, surely you can just check on a handset what the IP Address of the DHCP server is...

This may differ upon the handsets/firmware your devices are running but it is normally under Network Configuration>IPv4 Configuration>DHCP Server

If not, you mentioned about trying to plug you laptop directly into the back of the system... Did you try a crossover cable to do this?

Hopefully this will help but if not post back and we can try something else, I will keep thinking in the meantime.

Good Luck.

Thanks for your valuable response Dear Dave Jani.

I tried the same way earlier from both Win XP & Win 7, what you have said about searching the DHCP SERVER IP on my IP Phones.

I tried connecting directly by Cross Over LAN Cable to LAN Port of CISCO UC 500 and given the same series of IP Address what my CISCO UC 500 has, let say : 192.168.3.1 is my CISCO UC 500 and 192.168.3.100 given to my laptop.

I could not get reply when I ping from my laptop.

Im surprised to see this first time in my life, the same IP getting from.CISCO UC 500 to all my IP Phones / Wireless Phones Sucessfully, but why i could not get any ip into my laptop. Even I given it Manually IP Address.

What could be the other possible ways to try and connect.

If I get connected and got reply from CISCO UC 500........then I can configure CISCO UC 500 from CISCO CONFIGURATION ASSISTANT or i have to configure it from Hyperterminal.

Awaiting for your valuable response.

-Abdul Bare.

CAN ANY BODY HAS ANY SOLUTION FOR MY PROBLEM.

CAN ANY ATLEAST LET ME KNOW....HOW DO I RESET THE CISCO UC 500???

IM FED UP THE CISCO UC 500. I COULD NOT GET CONNECTED FROM ANY CORNER TO CHANGE THE CONFIGURATION.

I COULD NOT EVEN GET SUPPORT FROM LOCAL CISCO TECHNICAL SUPPORT, BECAUSE SOME REPRESENTATIVES SAID NOBODY IS AVAILABLE NOW, TRY AFTER SOME TIME AND I SEEN AVAYA THEY SUPPORT ROUND THE CLOCK. THAT WHY IN MIDDLE EAST PEOPLES HATE TO BUY CISCO, BECAUSE OF AFTER SALES SUPPORT.

YOUR SUPPORT WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

-REGARDS.,

ABDUL BARE