cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make a dial plan

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

I wanted to know can someone point me in the direction of where I would start as to making a dial plan.

I've been working on the voice side of the house for 4mths now and my job is looking at moving to a new

dial plan. We have the intentions of hiring a consulting company to actually help us get this done but I

would like to know how  to make one for myself. I don't want to look completely lost when they start talking

about dial plans and what they plan on doing.Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I suggest you start by reviewing Communications Manager SRND document which has some great suggestions.

But ultimately dial plan design is really based on your company requirements, size, number of locations, etc.  You basically have the following choices:

• unfiorm dial plan where all extensions are defined with the same number of digits, this includes an e164 dial plan
  • variable length dial plan where you dial X number of digits within a site and Y number of digits between sites.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I suggest you start by reviewing Communications Manager SRND document which has some great suggestions.

But ultimately dial plan design is really based on your company requirements, size, number of locations, etc.  You basically have the following choices:

• unfiorm dial plan where all extensions are defined with the same number of digits, this includes an e164 dial plan
  • variable length dial plan where you dial X number of digits within a site and Y number of digits between sites.

HTH,

Chris

Actually I'm reading the SRND release 8.X now, I will finish that and also take into consideration what you mention about the  2 types of dial plans.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: