Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make two phones ring on incoming calls from an External DID

wilsonth1973
Level 1
Level 1

Any suggestions on how to achieve this configuration call manager V10.5

- I have placed the same external number mask for both devices.

- I have attempted to copy the translation pattern and assign both extensions, but it produces an error.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Replies 8

Kevin Martin
Level 1
Level 1

You have a couple of options that I can think of off the top of my head:

Option 1

Put the same internal DID on both phones.  External DID would translate to the single Internal DID on both phones.

Option 2

If having separate internal DID's is a must and secondary lines are not available on the phones, use a Hunt Group to ring both phones at the same time.  Send the External DID to the Hunt Group and add the two extension in the Hunt Group.  Be sure to setup the Hunt to broadcast to all available devices.

***Please Mark and Rate helpful posts***

Thank you for the quick response.

I have built out the hunt pilot, hunt list, and line group. Under the pattern definition for the Hunt Pilot should the External DID be in the first field "Hunt Pilot*

Thank you.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Still having issues here - I think my question should be ... can I assign the same external phone number to ring more than one handset? Thank you!

Better to provide an example with DNs of what you're trying to do, what you're asking is very simple.

What is the exact call flow?

You can make two phones ring with the same DN, no matter where it's coming from.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Apologies on my newness - 

- I have build a hunt pilot I attached here the XXXXXXX is populated with the public-facing phone number.

2019-12-04 11_48_24-Window.png

OK, and what else??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I figured it out - I had the route partition set incorrectly. Thank you very much without you I wouldn't have to look there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: