Views
Helpful
Replies

How to map an Extension to access PSTN through a specific Voice card

Ali Bahnam
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have CUCM 9.1 with Cisco 2901 Voice Gateway (MGCP), I installed a FXO with four ports regarding the PSTN access.

Now I need to assign an internal Extention for Example (1103) to access PSTN through only the port (voice-port 0/0/0).

Appreciate your help,

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mohamed helmy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Ali,

- As you have a MGCP VGW, you need to creat a RG and choose the port 0/0/0 under it

- create a RL and choose this RG under it

-at the Route pattern:

if you use 9 for external calls, make your pattern started with 9 also use the RL you created above with this route pattern.

last step is to use a partion with this route pattern ( let's name it Land_Line_PT)

- Create a CSS and add the partion Land_Line_PT under it.

- assign this CSS with extension 1103

Good Luck

Regards,
Mohamed Helmy

Regards, Mohamed Helmy

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Kevin Monteiro
Level 7
Level 7

You can use the command connection-plar under the voice port.

It should work.

Rate the post accordingly.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Dear Kevin,

my problem not for the inbound I already can map Voice port to access internal extension, my problem that I need to map internal extension to access PSTN only and always from a specific voice port for example (0/0/0).

Regards,

mohamed helmy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Ali,

- As you have a MGCP VGW, you need to creat a RG and choose the port 0/0/0 under it

- create a RL and choose this RG under it

-at the Route pattern:

if you use 9 for external calls, make your pattern started with 9 also use the RL you created above with this route pattern.

last step is to use a partion with this route pattern ( let's name it Land_Line_PT)

- Create a CSS and add the partion Land_Line_PT under it.

- assign this CSS with extension 1103

Good Luck

Regards,
Mohamed Helmy

Regards, Mohamed Helmy

Thanks alot Mohammed it is working,

But please now I have delay aproximately 15 Sec when I try to call the PSTN?? please advise if there is a way to reduce this delay.

Regards,

Most likely thats due to overlapping, either you fix your dial plan so the call is placed immediately, or you try reducing the IDT. Or change the RP to whatever you have and end it with #, and tell users to dial it after the number so call is placed right away.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

moataz_mamdouh
Level 1
Level 1

You will put each port in a partition and assign a css to each phone which contain the desired partition

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Kevin Monteiro
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Ali,

The FXO number is mapped by your service provider for displaying on the PSTN, like wise if someone from the PSTN were to call the FXO number would dial the number given to you by the Provider, we only alter on the CUCM to route the call from the PSTN to the ip-phone.

I have attached a document which contains a diagram, kindly go through it:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_2/voice/configuration/guide/fvvfax_c/vvfclid.html

Rate the post accordingly.

Regards,
Kevin
Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App