cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to map between did number to trigger

fahdkuwait
Level 1
Level 1

in fact im not asking how to map between trigger number and application .. but my question is i found in my ccx so many applications configured and also so many triggers and each application mapped to trigger number

i found that the active trigger number is 501 and the active application is Auto-Attendant whatever the name or the number is !!! my question

where its mapped when some one call my did number route to the trigger ?!!!

why specially this trigger and this application is the active one ?!!! why not the others ??!!!

may be i need to understand the flow better!

i have cucm 8 and ccx 8

5 Replies 5

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think you are asking these questions.

Q: For a given application, and its associated triggers, how do I know which trigger is the "active" trigger?

A: Applications can have multiple triggers, and not one trigger is considered active or primary.  All triggers are active and have the same importance to the application.  It's what you do in the script, which determines how each trigger is handled differently.  E.g., If 500 and 501 are two triggers on my app, I might have an IF step which increases caller priorirty for trigger 501, and not for 500.

Q: How do I know which, if any DIDs maps to my triggers?

A: This one is a little harder.  You probably want to make your triggers your DIDs, this way you don't have to guess which DIDs translate to which triggers.  There are two ways to map a number to another number in CUCM: translation patterns, and call forwarding.  Both of which can be applied for the same call.  I.e., 100 forwards to 101, which translates to 102.  Yuck!  Let's hope however built your CUCM, they didn't do that.

In CUCM there is no way to run a report on translation patterns or call fowarded numbers, based on the number translated to, or fowarded to.  However, with a little command line kung fu, you can find these pretty easily.

Here is a command line sample to find translation patterns:

admin:run sql select dnorpattern, calledpartytranformationmask from numplan where calledpartytransformationmask = '501'

Hopefuly they didn't use the old .100, then predot/prefix, but if they did, then:

admin:run sql select dnorpattern, prefixdigitsout from numplan where prefixdigitsout = '501'

Here is a command line sample to find call forwarded DN's:

Actually here is a link to a very great blog on the subject

your explaination is greate but still i have question

actually i found in the system four or five applications and i found also around 4 triggers ... and i became to know from the guy who was previous me in the company that the call center active application called Auto-Attendant and it works with trigger number 501 ... ok ??

my question is very simple .... since there are so many applications why specially the Auto-Attendant is the active one ?!! why not anyother application

now i became to know from you that the Application comes first then the trigger ...

Hi Fahd

Try this..

> Check the CTI Route Point numbers mentioned in your CUCM

> CTI route points are the triggers defined in CCX

> Try dialing those numbers from your phone and check what happens

> It could be very well possible that some of them were configured only for testing and are not required

> Check and take note of Application Names in CCX and the associated Script name and Trigger numbers

Hope this helps you understand why there were more applications than required.

> Also note that you could configure another DID number on the Voice gateway and translate the DID number to the Trigger or CTI Route Point number if you want to make any new or existing application available to callers.

R

Ibrahim SAYEED

CTI route has device names associated with extensions ... i tried all the extensions ... yeah i think they were trying to do something

and i think the CTI reoute is the correct place which route the device name which pre defined in the VG to route the did number to

am i correct ?

Yes you are correct.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: