cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to mark extensions begining with symbol * in dialplan of Cisco phones and voice gates?

Hello, I'd like to ask about dialplan rules of Cisco phones and voice gates. In my case they are 7906, 7912 and ATA186. In my system powered by Asterisk I have a few extensions begining with * symbol. The problem is with my phones and voice gate working with SIP firmware, the symbol * in dialplan does not mean itself, it means some number of digits. How can I write some extensions from Asterisk like *3XX to dialplan of the phone?

Thanks for any try of help.

4 Replies 4

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
In CUCM, to use any character as its literal self, you would prefix it with a \, so you can create a directory number \*321 for example and the * will be taken as a character and not a wildcard.

In CUCM * is not a wildcard and does not need to be used with \, you would simply configure *321 on your example.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ok, my misunderstanding then. The only config I have utilizing * is with Informacast and I have to use the escape character.

Dear "Cisco-collegues", thank you for your answers, but I don't use CUCM, my server is running Asrterisk 13 and I have a few phones connected by SCCM and a few using SIP. I tried to add \ before *, but it did not work at ATA 186 and 7912.