Helpful
Replies

How to merge 2 clusters?

jp.barraja
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am working on a project to merge 2 CUCM clusters 5.1.3 in one Cluster 5.1.3:

CLUSTER 1 = 3x MCS 7845 (1 publisher and 2 subscribers)

CLUSTER 2 = 3x MCS 7835 (1 publisher and 2 subcriber)

• Cluster 2 have to be integrated to Cluster 1.
  • Cluster 1 has 3 spare CCM Node License Feature. So ready to add 3 servers running CCM service (subcribers in my case).
  • Cluster 1 will be composed with 1 publisher and 4 subscriber at the final.

My questions are the following:

• is it possible to have a cluster with MCS 7845 and MCS 7835?
  • Is it possible to change the database security password of a subscriber in Cluster 2 with the database security password of Cluster 1 without re-installed it?
  • what licencing issue may I encountered?
  • How can I move the Phone License from Cluster 2 to cluster 1?
  • CUCM 5.1.3 version come from an upgrade from CUCM 4. Where Can I download the CUCM 5.1 version?

Thank you for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to reinstall the server so it can join the new cluster, that's when you need the security pwd.

There's no point in making both clusters have the same pwd before.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
  • is it possible to have a cluster with MCS 7845 and MCS 7835?

Yes, but you need to make sure you don't oversubscribe the 7835's with more phones than they can handle for failover

• Is  it possible to change the database security password of a subscriber in  Cluster 2 with the database security password of Cluster 1 without  re-installed it?

Yes,  you'll need to use BAT to migrate the info so not sure why you would need this

• what licencing issue may I encountered?

None really, just have licensing rehost your licenses (licensing@cisco.com)

• How  can I move the Phone License from Cluster 2 to cluster 1?

See above response

• CUCM  5.1.3 version come from an upgrade from CUCM 4. Where Can I download the  CUCM 5.1 version?

If you mean you need a bootable version you'll need to order it, we do not provide bootable media for dowload.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thx Java for your answers, could you just explain your point abaout that:

• Is  it possible to change the database security password of a subscriber in  Cluster 2 with the database security password of Cluster 1 without  re-installed it?

Yes,  you'll need to use BAT to migrate the info so not sure why you would need this

I will use BAT to upload some config from Cluster 2 to Cluster 1, but I want to re-use the subscriber from Cluster 2 and add it to Cluster 1. To do that I have to indicate the "database security password" of Publisher Cluster 1 to ths subscriber from Cluster 2. If not, I won't be able to implement db replication. Right?

thx

JP

You need to reinstall the server so it can join the new cluster, that's when you need the security pwd.

There's no point in making both clusters have the same pwd before.

HTH

java

HTH

java