How to Migrate a Single 8841 to a New Cluster

bwolf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm working on a CUCM migration.

Source Cluster: CUCM 9.1.2.14900-14

Migration Cluster: CUCM 11.5.1.14900-11

Both clusters are up, the source cluster (9.1) is still in production, the plan is to switch over to the migration (11.5) cluster this Sunday.  I'm following this post here:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/migrating-ip-phones-between-clusters-with-cucm-8-and-itl-files/ta-p/3108501

Mainly the "Bulk Certification Export" sections since that is what I will be using for the cutover.  It says to use DHCP option 150 so the phones can check in at the new cluster, verify against TVS, which replaces the ITL file, and the phone registers to the new cluster.

At this point, I don't want all phones to move over, so I don't think I want to change DHCP option 150 until I'm ready to move all phones to the new cluster.

On the 8841 I'm trying to move to the new cluster, I can go to Settings -> Admin Settings -> Security setup -> Trust list -> ITL file and see the signature, the TVS's the TFTP server like expected.  But what I was expecting to see here was the ability to put in the new Publisher's address so the phone can find it. I suspect that is what DHCP option 150 does for all of the phones, but how do I do it with just one single phone?  I thought maybe the settings were locked, so I tried **# to see if anything would unlock, but it didn't appear to.

Also, at this point I haven't consolidated the certificates, but I am assuming I will need to do that before I attempt to migrate the phone to the new cluster.

Any info anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

bwolf
Level 1
Level 1

A little further searching, I was going to the wrong place to change the address, I should have been going to Admin Settings -> Ethernet Setup -> IPv4 setup and changed the TFTP address.

Thanks.