cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to MIGRATE from CUCM 7.1.5 to CUCM 8.6.2?

Sergey Balyura
Level 1
Level 1
Hi everyone! I have two CUCMs - CUCM 7.1.5 and CUCM 8.6.2 Both of them are on hardware platforms. CUCM 7.1.5 is in a production with bought licences. CUCM 8.6.2 is only installed without any configuration. But with bought licences already. So I need to MIGRATE from the 7.1.5 to 8.6.2 without the loss of data. All I've found is about the UPGRADE from 7.1.5 to 8.6.2 And this is not my case. I need the MIGRATE Please show me the right way of the migration, please :)
17 Replies 17

hi again!

well I could not export and import configs from 7.1.5 to 8.6.2 because of a huge amount of errors.

now I try to understand how I can upgrade my test CUCM 7.1.5 to 8.6.2

I tried to start the VM with 7.1.5 from the connected virtual DVD with bootable 8.6.2.

but it asks "do you want to rewrite the disk?"

and it's not what I want to do.

what is the right way of uprgrading from 7.1.5 to 8.6.2?

Hi, 

To upgrade on the same hardware, you do not boot from disk. The simplest way for you to proceed would be to insert the disk when CUCM is running, browse to CUCM OS Administration and navigate to Software Upgrades > Install/Upgrade.

There are several ways of performing the upgrade and recommend you review the below before proceeding.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_UAEC4331_00_upgrade-guide-cucm-91/CUCM_BK_UAEC4331_00_upgrade-guide-cucm-91_chapter_01.html

HTH

MonCov

Thanks a lot, colleagues!

I was able to migrate with the help of intermediate CUCM 7.1.5 which was upgraded to 8.6.2 and so on...

The advice to migrate by moving configs did not help.

Now I try to re-host the license which became invalid after the last DRS restore on the working CUCM 8.6.2

but it is not the question of this thread :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: