Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to monitor conversation from Cisco 7962 in Cisco Webex

First time poster here.

We offer in-house training events within the corporation. As part of the training events, we are (teachers and learners) connected through Cisco Webex.

What we want to accomplish is to monitor an incoming call as a group. One person would be handling the call, the others must be able to listen in to the customer's voice.

There is a way for us to switch audio sources from within the teacher's Webex client. Since the incoming call audio is going through the phone and not the computer, it seems impossible for us to find and audio access point to monitor directly in the audio stack.

The alternative would be to have a 3-way cable, one end in the phone jack, one to the headset, and a third output going into the microphone input on the pc. Is there such a cable? (Barring any adapters, the mic input is a 1/8" TRRS connector, that has a 2nd ring for mic connection).

Unless there is an easy software solution (which I doubt).

Thank you for getting back soon!

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The most common option for training if you want to do it directly from the phone is to use a splitter / Y cable that you can find online and connect two headsets to it. 

Otherwise, use computer audio and then you can choose independently the input/output sources and use external speakers.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks, yes this is something i already have established in my initial post. What I am looking for is a specific adapter or cable to help me do the second option. 

PTS
Spotlight
Spotlight

If you are open to 3rd party solutions then above requirement can be fulfilled using a 3rd party solution.

A customer call to an agent's Cisco IP Phone can be silently monitored by multiple parties ( teachers and learners) on their phones.

Audio/voice of the customer and agent can be heard by the listeners ( teachers and learners ) but voice of listeners will not be heard by the customer.

For more info please write to info@parsec-tech.com

www.parsec-tech.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: