cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to notify the caller if destination are busy ?

susim
Level 3
Level 3

HI

Is there a way to notify the caller if calling destination is on another call (busy )

ccm 7.1.5

phone 7911,7906,6941

Thanks 

5 Replies 5

slashdots
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Since you are using very basic Phones you have not much options.

Usually I would point you to “Busy Lamp Field” (BLF).
BLF are supported on the phones you are using. They look like speed dial buttons, but light up (or change the icon) when the associated line is busy.

Unfortunately on your phones there is not much space for such buttons. So I don’t know if this would be a solution to you.

If you think about upgrading your system you might consider implementing a Presence. Which will make the status of all users available through a client on the computer?

Of course there is always the very basic busy  notifier -> “Busy signal when calling a user” which works by default ;)

cheers

slashdots

If you mean like a message you would hear, no, unless you configure CFNA/CFB to CUC and configure the message there, it cannot come from CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I can think with limithe budget on a Unity Express solution.

Here is the call flow,

Call --+ busy destination --+ call forward busy to a Call Handler --+ call handler plays "sorry the number is busy + 30 secs music" --+ call handler retry to forward the call to the "last redirected number".

You can create a calling number in unity express to specifically tell "you number is busy" and program it to retry the call to the last redirected number.

Of curse you have to have the params of "maximun number of calls and busy trigger" of 2 and 1 in CUCM.

King regards.

Hi gerardo 

You can create a calling number in unity express to specifically tell "you number is busy" and program it to retry the call to the last redirected number.

You mean configure the number under  "Forward Busy "  

program it to retry the call to the last redirected number.

Can you explain how to do it 

Thanks 

Hi Thanks,

If person  'a' call  person 'b' while  'b' is talking to 'c', How we can notify 'c' that  'b' is busy .

i did not understand   Busy signal when calling a user'  , can you explain more 

Of course there is always the very basic busy  notifier -> “Busy signal when calling a user” which works by default ;)

Thanks 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: