Views
Helpful
Replies

How to obtain mac address via serial number Cisco IP Phones

hugomdbaez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all ,

I have some phone traveling to my office , i have the serial numbers only . There-s exist a way to bind both and obtain mac address ?

Thanks a lot !!

6 Replies 6

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

You can obtain the MAC from the back og the phone by looking at the sticker. Also you can show cdp neighbors your switch, or can access the phone directly.

The MAC of the phone cant be changed or spoofed, neither theres a direct relation between serial number and MAC.

Also CISCO keeps only the serial number not the MAC within its records.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I need the mac address about some phones. Is there any tools to resolved that? because I using a portal web Cisco Service Contract Center and the other portal ccw-r but I can ´t see the mac addres in my 160 phones...

Best Regards,

Erick Zabala S.

If those are registered in CUCM or CME you can get the info there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

This phones are on the container box, I need obtained that's mac by any tools of Cisco or portal web...

##- Please type your reply above this line -he

AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD Este correo electr?nico, incluyendo en su caso, los archivos adjuntos al mismo, pueden contener informaci?n de car?cter confidencial y/o privilegiada, y se env?an a la atenci?n ?nica y exclusivamente de la persona y/o entidad a quien va dirigido. La copia, revisi?n, uso, revelaci?n y/o distribuci?n de dicha informaci?n confidencial sin la autorizaci?n por escrito de Orben Comunicaciones est? prohibida. Si usted no es el destinatario a quien se dirige el presente correo, favor de contactar al remitente respondiendo al presente correo y eliminar el correo original incluyendo sus archivos, asi como cualesquiera copia del mismo. Mediante la recepci?n del presente correo usted reconoce y acepta que en caso de incumplimiento de su parte y/o de sus representantes a los t?rminos antes mencionados, Orben Comunicaciones tendr? derecho a los da?os y perjuicios que esto le cause.

The only way is to get your Cisco AM/SE involved.

Hi all,

I have the same question today.

From all articles it looks like there is no Cisco tool to find the MAC addresses.

Is this still the case today in 2019?

Thank you in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: