cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to pickup multiple calls via Call Pickup

jameskuder
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently on CUCM 8.6 and have a location where there is a Call Pickup group. When a single call comes in, they are able to pickup the call without issue from any phone in the Pickup Group. They have instances where they may have more than one call come in at the same time and want to  pick it up. How can they pick which call to pickup? Is it even possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Not possible:

Usually, within the same group, the longest alerting call (longest ringing time) gets picked up first if multiple incoming calls occur in that group

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When more than one associated group exists, the priority of answering calls for the associated group goes from the first associated group to the last associated group. For example, groups A, B, and C associate with group X, and the priority of answering calls goes to group A, B, and then C. First, group X picks up incoming call in group A, though a call may have come in earlier in group C than the incoming call in group A.

Note Usually, within the same group, the longest alerting call (longest ringing time) gets picked up first if multiple incoming calls occur in that group. For other group call pickup, priority takes precedence over the ringing time if multiple associated pickup groups are configured.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmfeat/fsgd-861-cm/fscpickg.html

HTH

java

jameskuder
Level 1
Level 1

This is only for a single Pickup Group with calls coming into the pickup and the group having multiple member

Yes. the snip I posted, answers that question.

HTH

java

I guess it is not clear enough for me. I have read it a few times and am still not able to determine is what I am being asked by the user is possible or now and if it is, how?

Not possible:

Usually, within the same group, the longest alerting call (longest ringing time) gets picked up first if multiple incoming calls occur in that group

HTH

java

Thank you Jaime for your patience and clarification.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: