Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to play a annoucement on-demand during a call

Hi guys,

I have a question from Client.

During a call between an end-client and an agent, he wants play an annoucement.

We have 5 annoucements recorded and the agent can chose which is the correct annoucement must be played. 

The annoucement must be recorded in the recorded call.

How can I do it?

CUCM --> 9.1.2

Unity Connection -> 9.1.2

UCCX --> 9.0

The recording solution is NICE.

Thanks for you help

Regards

Sébastien

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sébastien,

Create a simple script that answers the call, based on the called number it will play the relevant prompt and then hangs up, you'll then need to get the agent to conference too this number.

If you transfer to the number and then back again your call stats will get messed up, call recording will be broken into several files for a single call, the agent may receive another call during that time.... etc

You could do something very similar with Unity Connection with system call handlers but as you have UCCX its easier from a configuration/management perspective to have it all in once place.

Regards,

Richard

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sebastien,

It is not possible with CUCM and Unity Connection for sure. When agent presses hold then it plays the Audio source configured on the Agent phone and it is a static configuration. For playing some other kind of announcement the call will need to be transferred / connected to a separate destination and the recording software will make separate files for those call legs.

Manish

Hello Manish,

Thanks for you reply.

If I understand well, I need use UCCX server. 

The Agent forward his client to UCCX trigger. UCCX play the message and when the message is finished, it'll forward the call to agent.

So I need activate the recording on a new CTI port pool. Right?

Thanks

Regards

Sébastien

Hi Sébastien,

Create a simple script that answers the call, based on the called number it will play the relevant prompt and then hangs up, you'll then need to get the agent to conference too this number.

If you transfer to the number and then back again your call stats will get messed up, call recording will be broken into several files for a single call, the agent may receive another call during that time.... etc

You could do something very similar with Unity Connection with system call handlers but as you have UCCX its easier from a configuration/management perspective to have it all in once place.

Regards,

Richard

Leszek Wojnarski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure if that is an option for you, but there is 3rd party product that would meet your requirements.

TAnnounce

http://www.telisca.com/products/audio-applications/tannounce/

Leszek

Hi Leszek,

Thanks for information.

But with this product don't meet the requirements.

The agent has 5 specific pompts. And based on the subject of call, he must play the prompt before to treat the request.

I think that the best way to meet the requirements is to create 5 speed dial to uccx script.

Uccx script 'll play the prompt.

The agent must create a conf call between Client-UCCX script and his line. After the prompt, I release the UCCX party.

And this conf call must be recorded.