cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Play annnouncement or message before ringing on DID extension for incoming PSTN external call on voice gateway ?

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

How to Play announcement or message ,"Your call will be recorded",  before ringing the extension of  IP Phone for an incoming PSTN external call . The requirement is only for external call. So I want to play this announcement from voice gateway.

How can i achieve this? I need a proper working tcl script and right configuration command.

The above mentioned announcement should be played  more than 30 DID extensions.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Imagicle  works on  CURRI protocol (Cisco UCM External Call Control – ECC) or TAPI. I Used TAPI.

You need Imagicle ApplicationSuite ver. 2019.Summer.1 or higher.

Follow the Guide https://www.imagicle.com/kb#/kb/call-recording-announcements_690.html. it straight forward. 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

What call recording application you use ? With Imagicle call recording applications I did it  using TAPI.

Response Signature

Same. We have imagicle call recording.

May I know how this can be done with imagicle then?

They just want to play message before ringing to called party extension. 

Imagicle  works on  CURRI protocol (Cisco UCM External Call Control – ECC) or TAPI. I Used TAPI.

You need Imagicle ApplicationSuite ver. 2019.Summer.1 or higher.

Follow the Guide https://www.imagicle.com/kb#/kb/call-recording-announcements_690.html. it straight forward. 

Response Signature

I was trying to use TAPI.

I configured as mentioned in the guide. i only uploaded the wav file for incoming call.

when im calling from PSTN to the extension it just ring and no announcement. what could be the problem?

When you answer the call announcement will be played.

make sure that you did all required configuration as mentioned in the guide.

Response Signature

This is what I did.

recording is enabled on extension. 

TAPI application installed on imagicle IAS server. it asked for restart after installation which we couldnt do as it is in production right now. imagicle application user created with right permission.

the test extension is associated with imagicle application user.

route pattern with prefix 4040XXXX created. 

same 4040 is configured in imagicle.

wave file uploaded for external incoming only.

So what you are telling announcement will be only played after the extension answer the call. The client actually wants it before ringing the call.

You are correct.

Just now i tested again i found the announcement is playing after the testing extension answer the call.

but I felt playing announcement before ringing and answering the call is better. 

With imagilce, it plays when you pickup the call.

Announcement before ringing, try with call handler .. But i never tried it.

Response Signature

thanks. 

we tried with jabber client with version 14.0

but it didnt work. 

is it bcos of MRA? 

will it work with MRA? i could only test at this moment with MRA jabber.

We tried with jabber over VPN. result is same. no announcement played.

we prefer to work over jabber MRA because most of the users will be work at home situation. 

Not sure which version of jabber you use. asper the guide its recommended to use CURRI-based Announcement  method for delivering announcements on Jabber clients prior to ver. 12.9.

Over MRA not sure if it support or not. 

Response Signature

I already mentioned they are using jabber 14.0 verison. May I know whether you were successful with jabber client (desktop, mobile client andriod, IOS). 

Because for me TAPI is not working for any jabber clients? Even with jabber 14.0 version. 

as per document it mentions that any jabber client prior to 12.9 is to use CURRI protocol. but in our case since jabber version is 14.0 TAPI protocol method should work as well.

but the result is that  none of 14.0 version jabber client working..

Is there any thing im missing..

Are you trying to call extension to extension ? if yes its disabled by default and you need to enable internal call announcement. Steps mentioned on Imagicle KB document.

Never tried jabber users(both MRA and internal) . I may visit the site next week. will let you know once tested.

Response Signature

kindly note i already implemented internal extension call. its working fine. Same situation is not working for jabber client. I want to confirm regarding this in jabber 14.0 version for TAPI protocol. 

Are you successful with jabber with this solution? im still unsuccessful .. 

Is there any way we can provide this recording announcement for certain users? is it possible? I could not find any method.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: