cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to play music for the caller while the phone is ringing ?

yamenmjendel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

My customer have a cisco callmanager 7. Did any one know how to play music on hold or for an external callers when the ip phone is ringing ? should we use IPCC or IP IVR ?

Regards,

Yamen

13 Replies 13

You can Add music On hold after the call is answered however while the phone is ringing and u do wanna have a music this rely on your service provider and u don't need IPCC or IP IVR however if you want implement advanced features like intractive voice response it's a must to have IPCC,IP IVR or even Cisco Unity/Unity Connection/ Unity exppres (Callhandler)

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM cannot do this, AFAIK UCC cannot do this either

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Did you mean that there is no way to do this? When looking for example on the way that IPCC works, we can see that external calls are connected to CTI ports and then to the agent. Can we use this feature as a solution ?

PS: Some analog PBX can offer such feature without adding any other solutions.

Regards,

Yamen

if a call is waiting for an agent it's not on a CTI port, it's waiting on the CTI RP. At that point the call is connected and simply waiting, at that point that's simply MOH

HTH

java

HTH

java

Yes it is,I mean CTI RP you are right. This is that I want to use. While the Call is connected to CTI RP the end user phone is ringing until he picks up. Is it possible ?

Regards,

Yamen

yes, simply change the behavior to use the ann to play the ring tone to use MOH during the wait, i'm not a UCCX guru but i believe you can configure the script to do this instructing them to listen X source, promotions, general announcements or as you want MOH

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi java, what i said is that CUCM include a MOH features but the call must be answered before however if he want to have this feature without the call bein answered it doesn't rely on the CallManager or internal equipment it's only an issue for the SP correct if i'm wrong and thanks for your help again

you're absolutely right and my first thought was exactly as yours, MOH BEFORE the call comes into CUCM, that's the reason of my 1st reply, can't be done with CUCM/UCCX or anything else

but apparently he wants to do it AFTER the call has already been connected and under control of CUCM/UCCX.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Java ,

Yes sure after the call connection !

Regards

Seif,

Yes sure the call must be answered at first and then redirected to the end user!

but when call is answered, it should be connected somewhere and at this time a music is played until the end user picks up the phone.

Glad to hear from you friend ;)

Actually IPCC Express does play MOH while the agent's phone was selected as the next agent and when the phone is ringing (reserved state), this works because this is not a blind transfer but rather a consult controlled transfer from cti port to the phone. You can not do this however when the call originates from another call or GW, etc.

HTH,

Chris

One other point to clarify here: The call is NOT waiting on a CTI RP. Calls to the CTI RP (aka trigger) are immediately redirected using JTAPI to an available CTI Port. All media termination occurs on the CTI Port.

Using the Select Resource step, you can put the caller in queue where they can listen to MoH if you so choose.

Also when the Select Resource is offering the call to a call center agent *on their ICD Extension* the caller will also hear MoH.

The MoH source is controlled by the value assigned to the CTI Ports, which must be configured through CCX Administration.

CCX cannot play music to callers in any other scenario relevant to your question. For example, Susie Q in Accounting doesn't get this type of experience unless she is using CCX and is logged in to CAD/IPPA.

If you want some type of generic "personal queue" functionality where the system puts the caller on hold while waiting for any random user to answer the phone, you will want to look at third-party products to achieve this. One example is Radianta's Beacon Office.

pemelend
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Yamen

With CRS, when the ICD script finds and agent it performs a "consulted transfer" to the agent, the caller is put on a network hold state while CTI port dials to the agent extension, if the agent answers the CTI port completes the transfer.

In order to hear ringback during the Network hold time you need to add a new MOH source file, which will be an audio with ringback tone (you can use the ANN .wav file from CCM 4.X), and you will configure this MOH source file as Network hold file only for the CRS CTI ports.

I hope this helps

Txs

Pedro

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: