Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Tod Larson
Participant

how to protect phone usage

We have a conference room with a 7937 conference phone.  Another company is going to start sharing this room so my task is to figure out a way to protect this phone from being used by the other company.  Ideally it would be some sort of pin number on the phone itself to wake up the phone or make it able to send/receive calls.   We'd like to avoid the option where we just lock the phone in a closet until they are ready to use it.

I'm not sure if there is a simple solution or not.  Deploying 802.1x seems like overkill but mabye that's my own inexperience with that feature.

Any recommendations are welcome.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
yahsiel2004
Rising star

How about assigning the phone a dummy extension with a partition and calling search space that doesn't route anywhere and then using extension mobility to sign into the phone.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

View solution in original post

Hi Tod,

As said by Yosh , you can configure Dummy DN on the phone and then,configure/enable  EM services just for this phone.

You can refer the link for EM config.

http://www.voicecerts.com/2010/06/step-by-step-guide-to-configuring.html

regds,

aman

4 REPLIES 4
yahsiel2004
Rising star

How about assigning the phone a dummy extension with a partition and calling search space that doesn't route anywhere and then using extension mobility to sign into the phone.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Can I do extension mobility on just one phone?  Our CUCM doesn't have any extension mobility in use so I'm a novice at what it can do.

Hi Tod,

As said by Yosh , you can configure Dummy DN on the phone and then,configure/enable  EM services just for this phone.

You can refer the link for EM config.

http://www.voicecerts.com/2010/06/step-by-step-guide-to-configuring.html

regds,

aman

Natarajan Muthu
Beginner

CISCO 7960G IP PHONE  NOT WORKING PLS DO THE NEEDFUL

Hi Tod Larson

This Is Natarajan Muthu,

I am Network Eng in HCL TECH...One of our customer using cisco 7960g IP Phone's .One Employee phonegot faulty,So I have received Cisco 7960G RMA the phone which is having firmware 5.1(1) version. At customer place they  are using firmware version 8.1(2). As i discussed with aman(CISCO VOICE TEAM TA HCL) first i had upgrade  the intermediate  firmware version 8.1(1). After that i had upgrade the latest  firmware version 8.1(2) which is customer currently using.Once i upgrade the  latest firmware version buttons (1,2,4,*) not functioning properly.

Content for Community-Ad

Spotlight Awards 2021