cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to pull out a User's voicemail box?

sai cheng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we usually set up users' voicemail to thier emails in a WAV files. but for some reason, we didn't set it up for one user.

Now, she wants to have a digital copy of her voicemails in her phone. Is there a possible way to pull all her voicemail out?

I did't find this options in the UI for CME. we use CME 7.1. Thanks!

7 Replies 7

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would have to IMAP to the the voicemail server and pull it out this way.  Sync to Outlook or some email client and they can then have these imported into their main email account (which I assume would sync to their phone)

Hi, thanks for your answer. Can you explain more specifically? do i need some commands? or just like load the voicemail as in a folder in outlook . Thanks.

Have the user forward the message to your mailbox number (assuming your mailbox is setup to go into your email).  You will receive the .wav file in your outlook account and then just forward her the email.

I know how to set up messages forward to email, but this setting only apply to those new incoming voicemail, but how to pull those message already recorded?

I understand.  Since you have a user with voicemails still in unity and you would like to get those voicemails from unity to the users pc in .wave format you can simply log into her phone voicemail and Transfer that message to a user that is setup with voicemail forwaridng to email.  This way the file is out of unity and in .wav format and in your email.  You can forward those attachments to the user.

Thanks for your reply. This way actually work.

But the user have more than 20 messages. are there any way i can pull it out all? The proess it's long too,

1. Press # for old messages

2. Press # for Saved messages

3. Press # forward messages

4. Press # spell last name (this is the killing part)

5. Press # to send

Browse to Unity PCA and pick which voicemail you need (license permitting)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: