cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to - " Inbound calls ring on Cisco phones and 3rd party Cloud phones via SBC simultaneously"

master001
Level 2
Level 2

Hello all,

I try to ensure the inbound PSTN calls can ring on Cisco phone and 3rd party phone simultaneously.

Question: 

How to direct the inbound calls to both of Cisco phone and SIP trunk (which connected between CUCM and  SBC)?  So the call could hit the 3rd party Cloud phone system as well through SBC?   

What setup is required? 

We have CUCM ver10.5, Cisco voice gateway, on-prem 3rd party Session border controller (Audiocodes), and one SIP trunk between CUCM and SBC. 

The inbound call flow(signaling) will be:
Outside caller -> PSTN-> Voice gateway-> IP PBX -> Cisco Phones (i.e. DID 206-444-4444  Ext. 44444)

Outside caller -> PSTN-> Voice gateway-> CUCM -> SIP trunk ->SBC-> 3rd party Cloud phone system-> 3rd cloud Phones

My questions are on this part - “IP PBX ->SIP trunk-> SBC-> 3rd party Cloud phone system”.

Some posts mention "Single number reach" feature, we have this feature in place to direct the call to mobile phone.   SNR doesn't seem to direct the call to SIP trunk.  Any thoughts? 

Any information or help will be appreciated. 

Best regards,

Master

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SNR can send calls to an kind of trunk or GW that is configured in CUCM and is already working, SNR is what you need, if it's not working on that particular trunk, review your configuration and then look at debugs/traces to find out what's happening with the call.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,
How to configure SNR point to SIP trunk?
Can you shed some lights?

Thanks!
master001

You don't, you configure a RD that uses a RP that points out of CUCM, if you haven't, I suggest you review the SNR configuration guide to understand how the feature works.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: