Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remove access code when sending calls to fall back route group

rramlal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I have a setup that uses both SIP and MGCP. My plan is to move to gateway entirely to SIP soon but for now I have to find a solution.

So for now I have a SIP connection which is used for all outbound calls and I have a analog trunks for backup. The analog trunks use MGCP at the moment.

My issue is that when I am sending calls to SIP, I send all digits to the gateway but in the event the SIP connection goes down, this setup will not work since the access code will fail the call.

I saw that I can manipulate the characters on the RG of the analog trunk but I am not seeing an option to strip the access code. I am only seeing the prefix option.

Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming your configuration has Route List where the SIP RG is listed first and MGCP RG is listed second, all you need to do is on the route group from within the route list (go to RL and then click on the RG link there) you can do called party digit manipulation i.e. Strip PreDot.  So, your route patter is something like 9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX where the SIP RG does no stripping, but the MGCP RG does preDot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: