cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remove admin password from IP phones devices?

abuahmed.sd
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I have a problem with the IP_phones in the branch office ( far away from the Head office ) and need to change some config on it, like resetting the old config or other configures on it.

but that ip_phones have a password and that password is for the administrator password ( CUCM password ).
How can I remove this password or change it to a non-admin password?

Thanks in advance.

Sequ_IN ipPhone.jpeg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I missed that on the post..

By default, no Administrative Passwords are set and anyone that has physical access to a phone can access the 'Administrator Settings' menu and change its settings.

Create a new or update an existing 'Common Phone Profile' in the CUCM menu Device > Device Settings > 'Common Phone Profile' and populate the field 'Local Phone Unlock Password'.

Screenshot_13.pngScreenshot_14.png

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

I missed that on the post..

By default, no Administrative Passwords are set and anyone that has physical access to a phone can access the 'Administrator Settings' menu and change its settings.

Create a new or update an existing 'Common Phone Profile' in the CUCM menu Device > Device Settings > 'Common Phone Profile' and populate the field 'Local Phone Unlock Password'.

Screenshot_13.pngScreenshot_14.png

Response Signature

Thanks, Mr. @Nithin Eluvathingal very much. this totally solved my issue, and your post helped me fully.

Thanks again.

Les Pruden
Level 4
Level 4

You can change or remove the unlock password through the common phone profile configured on that phone. 

Device --> Device Settings --> Common Phone Profile --> Local Phone Unlock Password

Note that all phones using that common phone profile will be changed. You could create a new common phone profile without the Local Phone Unlock Password set and apply it to just that phone.

Thanks, Mr. @Les Pruden very thaks to reply to my post, I found your suggestion, and helped me fully.

Thanks ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: