cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remove admin password from IP phones devices?

abuahmed.sd
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I have a problem with the IP_phones in the branch office ( far away from the Head office ) and need to change some config on it, like resetting the old config or other configures on it.

but that ip_phones have a password and that password is for the administrator password ( CUCM password ).
How can I remove this password or change it to a non-admin password?

Thanks in advance.

Sequ_IN ipPhone.jpeg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I missed that on the post..

By default, no Administrative Passwords are set and anyone that has physical access to a phone can access the 'Administrator Settings' menu and change its settings.

Create a new or update an existing 'Common Phone Profile' in the CUCM menu Device > Device Settings > 'Common Phone Profile' and populate the field 'Local Phone Unlock Password'.

Screenshot_13.pngScreenshot_14.png

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

I missed that on the post..

By default, no Administrative Passwords are set and anyone that has physical access to a phone can access the 'Administrator Settings' menu and change its settings.

Create a new or update an existing 'Common Phone Profile' in the CUCM menu Device > Device Settings > 'Common Phone Profile' and populate the field 'Local Phone Unlock Password'.

Screenshot_13.pngScreenshot_14.png

Response Signature

Thanks, Mr. @Nithin Eluvathingal very much. this totally solved my issue, and your post helped me fully.

Thanks again.

Les Pruden
Level 4
Level 4

You can change or remove the unlock password through the common phone profile configured on that phone. 

Device --> Device Settings --> Common Phone Profile --> Local Phone Unlock Password

Note that all phones using that common phone profile will be changed. You could create a new common phone profile without the Local Phone Unlock Password set and apply it to just that phone.

Thanks, Mr. @Les Pruden very thaks to reply to my post, I found your suggestion, and helped me fully.

Thanks ...