Views
Helpful
Replies

How to replace a faulty c7960 phone?

choywy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Like to know the steps of replacing a faulty IP phone? How do i copy the "faulty" phone setting/profile to the new phone? I read that I also need to update the new MAC to match that to the old DN (Directory Number)....

What is fastest way to accomplish this?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Once you've got the replacement phone, plug it into the network and do the following:

1>     Login into the CUCM GUI. Go to the Device --> Phone page.

2>     Find the old phone and go into the phone config page.

3>     Click on copy which should present you with a new phone config page but with the exact same settings as that of the old phone. Enter the new MAC address here and description as needed. Click Save, Apply Config and Reset.

4>     Click on "Add a new DN". Enter the DN associated with the old phone. It will pick up all the DN settings as it was on the old phone. Save, Apply Config and Reset.

5>     You should now be able to see that the new phone has the same config as that of the old phone. Once verified, you can delete the old phone.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

If the model of the replacement phone is the same, fastest way is to change MAC address on the faulty phone config page in ccm admin.
This will keep everything the same.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: