Can some one help me to know the factry default steps for IP Phone 3911

Regards

Asif

6 Replies 6

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For CME

The default password for phones registered to CME is "Cisco" (with capital C).
Can you edit phone's cnf file? If yes, you can and these thing in it:

cisco

For CUCM

If the password "cisco" didn't work, you can set a new password in CCM: CCM 
Admin -> Device ->  Device Setting -> Common Device Configuration -> Local 
Phone Unlock Password.

You have to reboot 3911 after that. Note that, If 3911 is using a customized 
"Common Phone Profile", then you have to modify corresponding one.

Thnks for the respose.

Its a new phone. What happened is, it connected to network and registered with callmanager once. Then we have removed the device and connected to user desk but it is not working (keep on restarting). Which was repeating for all new phone which am configuring (My network already running with same 3911 model phone).

Finally what I found is, new conneting phones are working fine after down grading the firmware from SIP3951.8-1-4a to SIP3951.8-1-2SR1.

But the phone which I have registered first (SIP3951.8-1-4a) are keep on restarting and not registering even after changing the device default (phone loadname also) to SIP3951.8-1-2SR1.

Regards

Asif

Did you find the solution for the issue. We are running into the same issue and not sure about the resolution.

Thanks

Hello, has anyone come up with a solution on how to resolve this issue?

Just had same issue. Remove the switchport voice vlan and the phone will recover enough to access settings if needed

Can anybody tell me how to downgrade firmware of cisco 3911 from tftp?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: