cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to restrict outbound calls to some destinations nos. only??

ashley9march
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using cisco 3845 router as voice gateway and running voice serice over that using E1 which is connected to a EPBX.

I am using only 3 dial-peers (2 for VoIP and other one is POTS). I have 20 sites with similar kind of setup and have 2 gatekeepers (primary-secondary) for their call routing.

To make config simple I have used ".T" as destination pattern with session IP of Gatekeepers for dial-peer VoIP in each gateway.

Now the demand of users of site "A" is that they don't want to talk site "B" and "D" because of their some security reasons.

And since I am using gatekeeper and ".T" as destination-pattern I am not able to prevent site site A to call site B and D whose destination nos. are "89" and "950" respectively and I don't want to create 18 different voip dial-peers because with increase in sites in future we will have to update the nos. of dial-peers.

Is there a any solution to that site A can call any site but B and D?

Thanks

Ashish

2 Replies 2

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

What about extended outbound ACL's?

Ajaz

ACL to restrict destination E.164 nos.?

Is it possible? I have never seen that.

If you are thinking to block traffic to that destination IP add, actually that is not possible because destination IP address is H.323 gateway to PSTN network. This gonna affect calls to other pstn nos. through that same gateway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: