cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to see names for the AbbrDial Numbers?

araffill
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have CCM ver 5.1.3 and users have 7911 phones.

For the speed dial numbers, users are able to see the names/labels on the phones.

However, for the AbbrDial numbers, users are not able to see the names/lables on the phones when they dial (though they have entered the name in the ccmuser page).

Is there a way users can see the name/label on the phone for AbbrDial numbers?

Currently users take a printout of the ccm user page to see the names for the abbrdial numbers.

Is there a better way out?

Please advise.

Thanks in Advance

7 Replies 7

Kid Dynamite
Level 1
Level 1

Nope!

A bit silly really but the fast dials and abb dials can't be seen if you are just using the handset alone.

The dreaded "print out" is what I have had my clients doing also..

jleon22
Level 1
Level 1

The only other way is to purchase the add-on modules if you wish to see them on the phone. The newer add-on modules (7915/7916) can hold a lot of lines or speed dials now.

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I am using the speeddials.jsp example from the Cisco IPPhone Services SDK as a base.

I disabled editing, but user can now list all their speed dials from services, and even dial from it!

Hi,

Thanks a lot. This should solve my case also.

looks like speeddials.jsp sdk script was written for cm4.x.

what updates are required to work on cm5.x/6.x platform that's integrated with active directory?

not sure how to complete the variables below

String callManager = "10.0.0.1";

String callManagerUserId = "administrator";

String callManagerPassword = "cisco";

String extMobUserId = "sdkapps";

String extMobPassword = "sdkapps";

String ldapServer = "10.0.0.1";

String ldapRoot = "o=cisco.com";

String ldapUserId = "cn=Directory Manager, o=cisco.com";

String ldapPassword = "cisco";

int ldapPort = 8404;

I've got the speeddials.jsp from SDK 7.1.2 setup on my network, but running into a problem in which everytime I try to add a new speeddial, I get a response from the app stating that the speeddial updated successfully (with no errors), but nothing ever gets updated.  Also, whenever I press the "Done" softkey, I get a XML Error [4]: Parse Error.  When looking the code, there a references to "emProvider, emUser" but we're not using Extension Mobility so these values should always be Null.  Here's what I have for authentication at the beginning of the code:

String callManager = "My.CCMPub.Server.IP";
String callManagerUserId = "UserID.AssocatedToPhone";
String callManagerPassword = "UserIDPassword";

String extMobUserId = "";
String extMobPassword = "";

String ldapServer = "";
String ldapRoot = "";
String ldapUserId = "";
String ldapPassword = "";
int ldapPort = 389;

We are syncing CCM (ver 8.0.3) with MSWindows Active Directory via LDAP for User Accounts only, not passwords.  This is the only part of the jsp code I modified.  All other code is the default that came with the SDK package.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: